Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Was the energy calculation not 8%??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katniss1)
    I wrote that carbon monoxide binds onto the red blood cells and cause it to carry less oxygen and more oxygen is needed in exercise.
    OMG I WROTE the same thing along those lines!! I hope we get 2 marks

ReputationRep:
    What did people label the neurone as? I got nucleus and dendrite

ReputationRep:
    The resessive allele is always lower case, it was just that the disease was caused by a dominate allele and it's usually by a resessive allele such as sickle cell and cystic fibrosis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somaahmad)
    I agree that paper was far too easy and I felt like a lot of my revision went to waste.
    When the carbon and nitrogen cycles didn't come up ;-;
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=glittery123;55708211It has decreased due to health awareness and nicotine pouches so addiction is fed but not harmful substances

For the multiple choice of chemical messengers, neurotransmitters, electrical message and the other one, it was ELECTRICAL MESSAGE[/QUOTE]

For that first bit, I wrote that people are more aware that tobacco smoke can cause cancer and
    Organisations have helped people to stop smoking
    Would I still get the marks?

What was the multiple choice question, what did it ask??? I can't remember that question :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Usaamah)
    Yh! Stupidly I wrote about tar clogging up lungs, totally forgot about carbon monoxide!
    Aw me too hopefully we will still get 1 mark I wrote shortness if breath. Idk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amanii_ox)
    I wrote about the haemoglobin, but other people say to get 2 marks you need to have that and "painful joints" which i really don;t understand...
    I thought the two marks would just be more explaining the effect of carbon monoxide

ReputationRep:
    For that first bit, I wrote that people are more aware that tobacco smoke can cause cancer and

What was the multiple choice question, what did it ask??? I can't remember that question :/
    I wrote about the negative health benefits but then saw that was the next question so I added that cigarettes are expensive and they stain your teeth XD

ReputationRep:
    10%

ReputationRep:

Yes I think you will there are more than 1 answer

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure, my school just want us to get the hard ones like physics especially over and done with so we have less to worry about last year. Cuz tbh in Y10 there isn't much to do, so we try to get it all over with. I wonder how you cope with all 9! I wish you the best of luck!! x:goodluck:
    Don't you have coursework?
    'cause at my school we just spent year 10 doing the coursework for all the subjects

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainbowhorror01)
    When the carbon and nitrogen cycles didn't come up ;-;
    I know I actually wanted it to come up! The amount of time I spent pouring over that textbook

ReputationRep:
    I thought the two marks would just be more explaining the effect of carbon monoxide
    But tobacco contains carbon moozide which damages the haemoglobin in red blood cells which deprives oxygen from the body, idk, something along those lines

ReputationRep:
    Don't you have coursework?
    'cause at my school we just spent year 10 doing the coursework for all the subjects
    So much course work, but my coursework is going okay. I try and make time for it whilst revising, we also have work experience. tbh it all kind fits together... I wonder what Y11 is gonna be like.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pphilip99)
    As someone who did core when I was 13, I can personally say it was not the best thing for me as im now resitting :-(
    I'm 14 and doing core. Don't discourage me
    I'm aiming for an a*

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure, my school just want us to get the hard ones like physics especially over and done with so we have less to worry about last year. Cuz tbh in Y10 there isn't much to do, so we try to get it all over with. I wonder how you cope with all 9! I wish you the best of luck!! x:goodluck:
    Wait, so are you doing P1, Pp2, P3 and B1, B2, B3?

ReputationRep:
    did anyone get confused because it didn't specify whether it was 97,000 kj or joules! really think it should have specified

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know the answers to the calculation questions? (first question and energy loss question)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryan dougan)
    Was the energy calculation not 8%??
    no you were supposed to take it away

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.