Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Em_rob1)
    did anyone get confused because it didn't specify whether it was 97,000 kj or joules! really think it should have specified
    the 97000 was there to confuse you. Don't think we were supposed to use it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethmitchxll)
    what at all? but how were we supposed to calculate the energy lost?

ReputationRep:
    For the six-marker on mutualism, roughly how many marks would you get if you talked in depth about chemosynthetic bacteria and leguminous plants but not about oxpeckers?

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethmitchxll)
    We needed to use the 97000 to work out the percentage!

ReputationRep:
    3 different pairs, that what i did.

ReputationRep:
    I got 92% without using the 97000? Oh, there must be other ways of doing it, sorry!

ReputationRep:
    What do you think the grade boundaries will be, and when do you think the results will come out?

ReputationRep:
    You used the energy that it supplied to the caterpillar, and then minus that from 97000, so this just shows you now how much it's decreased by, so you then find the percentage by doing the decrease in energy (the amount of energy the tree could've provided - the amount of energy it provided to the caterpillar) divided by the amount of energy that the tree could've produced (which was 9700) x 100, which gives you 92%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dr_keenAJ_2393)
    For the six-marker on mutualism, roughly how many marks would you get if you talked in depth about chemosynthetic bacteria and leguminous plants but not about oxpeckers?

Cheers!
    4. I'm presuming they're giving 2 for each example

ReputationRep:

Cheers!
    probably 4, maybe 5 if you were really in depth

ReputationRep:
    I said that and also algae and lichens

ReputationRep:
    hey, what was the question with the ph graph? i answered it by describing the stats, that was the question right? i'm not sure if i did the right thing thanks

ReputationRep:

Cheers!
    They asked for three answers, and it was six marks, so if you gave two examples i would say 4

ReputationRep:
    Hey can anyone remember this question?

(Original post by glittery123)
    For the multiple choice of chemical messengers, neurotransmitters, electrical message and the other one, it was ELECTRICAL MESSAGE

What was the multiple choice question, what did it ask??? I can't remember that question :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roadrunner_)
    You used the energy that it supplied to the caterpillar, and then minus that from 97000, so this just shows you now how much it's decreased by, so you then find the percentage by doing the decrease in energy (the amount of energy the tree could've provided - the amount of energy it provided to the caterpillar) divided by the amount of energy that the tree could've produced (which was 9700) x 100, which gives you 92%
    I was so close I did the energy of tree - energy of caterpillar/ energy tree could have given, × 100. Do you think I'll get 1 mark?

ReputationRep:
    For the pH if I wrote the pH causes acidity and some organisms may not be able to adapt and die.

ReputationRep:
    It was crazy easy! My teacher was convinced there would be a six marker on nitrogen cycle and she made us revise it religiously! But I just remember "too high, glu to gly"! for the blood glucose because I learnt it this morning, whoops! The question about cystic fibrosis infertility was mad though, even my science teachers weren't sure when we told them...

ReputationRep:
    Instead of oxpeckers, I wrote cleaner species because I couldn't remember their name, I also wrote that with cleaner fish on sharks (supposed to be whales?)

ReputationRep:
    All those people that explained the process of eutrophication are wrong because it says EXPLAIN THE PROBLEMS WITH NITRATES AND PHOSPHATES.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevthestudent)
    It was crazy easy! My teacher was convinced there would be a six marker on nitrogen cycle and she made us revise it religiously! But I just remember "too high, glu to gly"! for the blood glucose because I learnt it this morning, whoops! The question about cystic fibrosis infertility was mad though, even my science teachers weren't sure when we told them...
    the mucus blocks the gametes/sperm ducts.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.