Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    i missed this exam today due to illness does anyone know what will happen? will i still get a grade or my mock grade or will i have to retake it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxxyyy)
    omg, im so stressed. i was aiming for an A* but after reading all these coments im praying for an A
    Yeah, same! I'm in year 11 and doing triple so I was hoping this would drag my overall grade up on the harder papers...
    I'm sure you would've done fine, on average the grade boundary for an A* is around 50 give or take a few depending on the paper. Just think that there's nothing you can do now and focus on Chemistry C1 on Thursday (if you're doing it)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123qwertyuio)
    Hey, what did you lot get for the question where we had to work out how much smoking had decreased from a graph? I got 23%, my friend said he got 10%, any ideas on what it was? And also do any of you know how many marks it was worth?
    You take away 30-20 which gives you 10% but it was only one mark

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alpine1850)
    It was something about the mucus blocking up the sperm ducts or something haha.. basically everybody was confused on that one!
    Actually the answer was that the vas deferens don't develop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skillzaismine)
    I HATED THE QUESTIONS ABOUT TOBACCO AMD THE SECOND PERCENTAGES QUESTION AHHHH MY CLASS GOT 8% AND I CRIED BC I GOT 92

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't cry you got it right 92 was the right answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skillzaismine)
    I HATED THE QUESTIONS ABOUT TOBACCO AMD THE SECOND PERCENTAGES QUESTION AHHHH MY CLASS GOT 8% AND I CRIED BC I GOT 92😭😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
    92% was the correct answer, 8% is incorrect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alpine1850)
    It was something about the mucus blocking up the sperm ducts or something haha.. basically everybody was confused on that one!
    actually it was the vas deferens don't develop properly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NextGenRemix)
    What did people get for the probability question i got 3/4 and if you had the alleles HH did you have the disease i think i may have read the question wrong?
    Yes, that was correct as Huntingdon's is dominant. I put 0.75 but they literally accept anything that is the equivalent to 3/4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alanna_JadeB)
    i missed this exam today due to illness does anyone know what will happen? will i still get a grade or my mock grade or will i have to retake it?
    They'll probably make you sit the back up paper (the paper they use incase something goes wrong with the original) providing you gave them notice of not being able to turn up due to an illness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANDYFC16)
    It was quite easy but the mutualism question just went out of my head completely. I knew about the plant and bacteria but the others went out of my head.
    Aha, I agree with you. I forgot the details about the chemosynthetic bacteria and tube worms so just wrote the names of them down then the exam ended!
    I also made a few errors on the organisms involved, e.g. I put whales instead of group fish??? What

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr nicrodax)
    actually it was the vas deferens don't develop properly
    Yeah, something like that. Not sure you need to know such terminology at GCSE level but I only lost 1 mark on that question so oh well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _ariane29)
    Don't cry you got it right 92 was the right answer
    I was convinced it was 8%...when we walked out of the exam my friend was telling me that it was definetly 8% and she's really good at maths!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roadrunner_)
    92% was the correct answer, 8% is incorrect.
    This made my day wow, at least I know I have 3 marks😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Omg same i was so stuck between 92 or 8, i put down 92 :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pastels123)
    what grade do you think 41 would be?
    I made silly mistakes and I really wish to get an A.
    41 could either be an A or a B. Don't worry! Everybody makes silly mistakes, I'm sure you will get your A on results day

ReputationRep:
    I was quite easy. What did you think of the question 4. It was on cystic fibrosis and being infertile?

ReputationRep:
    I think the paper was so easy, i'm so happy! but i got stuck on th emutualism because i didnt thoroughly revise that. i put
    Oxpecker removes dead skin cells from other animals
    Cleaner fish remove dead skin cells from bigger fish e.g shark
    Chemosynthetic bacteria makes sulphide compounds for tube worms

How many marks would this get me???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little_Miss22)
    Omg same i was so stuck between 92 or 8, i put down 92 :L
    That question really got to me! Other than that the paper was so good like I hope it carries on being easy for P1 and the others

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Myp001)
    I was quite easy. What did you think of the question 4. It was on cystic fibrosis and being infertile?
    I was so angry about that question because we havent done anything like that but i put something about the mucus blocking passages and stopping sperm

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any chem predictions? No point worrying about bio now its over there's nothing we can do. Let's not sacrifice our chem grade by stressing over what we have already got. Just move on and hold on to the hope the grade boundary's aren't as high as 53

I predict reactions of acids it hasn't come up in ages.

Poll
Would you rather

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.