Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yannisali1)
    The writing section is seriously down to the examiners opinion.. What do you guys usually get on your writings ?
    Before I used to get 23 but In recent essays have got 25,29, 30 and 31 depending on the question/topic, however I think what I've written today was no where near that what do you usually get?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ES123456)
    If that was the first one it was just sinken because seit means present tense we went through the whole paper and I think I got a good mark, did the werbung question also which was quite good
    Can you remember any other answers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isabel29)
    What did you get for sinken?
    everyone in my class thought it was Wird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 20Emily1998)
    Before I used to get 23 but In recent essays have got 25,29, 30 and 31 depending on the question/topic, however I think what I've written today was no where near that what do you usually get?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The max I ever got was 28, its the reading and the listening where my marks goes up and gets me the A but now I am not even sure. I tried to add things like the passive and the subjunctive but it was all finishing so quick that I had to end up rushing (specially coz me having to repeat the listening a few times)

ReputationRep:
    Ah well, I know I haven't done very well on the grammar section 😂😣

ReputationRep:
    I put wird and sank. 99% sure sank is right as although there was a 'present' tense verb, the question had something like fruher in it, suggesting past tense was needed

ReputationRep:
    The max I ever got was 28, its the reading and the listening where my marks goes up and gets me the A but now I am not even sure. I tried to add things like the passive and the subjunctive but it was all finishing so quick that I had to end up rushing (specially coz me having to repeat the listening a few times)
    I usually depend on the listening and reading as I don't like doing the essay, and today my 3 worst essay topics came up so the exam wasn't really in my favour, especially as I thin ive lost a lot on the Listening and reading

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've accepted my failure anyway as even if I do reasonably well like a C or a B, my speaking was awful so it'll bring it down. I've not been doing as well in German as I should so who knows, I'll find out on results day haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midgemeister7)
    I put wird and sank. 99% sure sank is right as although there was a 'present' tense verb, the question had something like fruher in it, suggesting past tense was needed
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I wrote sank too, what the funniest part was the fact that sank and begann was right next to each other and I almost died because I was thinking how can these sound soo english ? and i spelt begann as began and I thought no way this is too english so i added an extra n and now I am so confused.. guys how can these examiners be so mean to us?! WHYY

ReputationRep:
    it had seit, which takes the present tense so it was 'sinken'and yes i think I can remember... this is what i got for the first question in the 70sunder 30sover 55sproportion of one-person-households is over 50% and this is increasingthey dont want responsibility for anotherthe want to experience adventure firstthey want to live independentlygood-lookingsuccessful at work

ReputationRep:
    for some reason my paragraphing has just deleted but you get the drift

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ES123456)
    it had seit, which takes the present tense so it was 'sinken'and yes i think I can remember... this is what i got for the first question in the 70sunder 30sover 55sproportion of one-person-households is over 50% and this is increasingthey dont want responsibility for anotherthe want to experience adventure firstthey want to live independentlygood-lookingsuccessful at work
    Ah, well I'm wrong in that case. I did get exactly the same for q1 so that's promising.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I wrote sank too, what the funniest part was the fact that sank and begann was right next to each other and I almost died because I was thinking how can these sound soo english ? and i spelt begann as began and I thought no way this is too english so i added an extra n and now I am so confused.. guys how can these examiners be so mean to us?! WHYY
    At least you got something right - I had begann but crossed out an n!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Did you put hätten?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    that's 10 marks in the bag in just the first question so that's good!

ReputationRep:
    well... if we're both right

ReputationRep:
    yeah i put hätten

ReputationRep:
    Anyone remember the other 2 qs in the grammar? So far I have wird, gutes, haetten, enlaedt, sinken, begann, uberlebt, eignenem (not correct, just the words in general)

What were the other 2 and did anyone get eigeneM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midgemeister7)
    Anyone remember the other 2 qs in the grammar? So far I have wird, gutes, haetten, enlaedt, sinken, begann, uberlebt, eignenem (not correct, just the words in general)

What were the other 2 and did anyone get eigeneM?
    can't remember but groß and müssen

ReputationRep:
    The 'einladen' was a separable verb so I've definitely got that wrong! I think that was a particularly nasty question but I thought most of it was okay! I imagine 89-ish for an A would be the boundary and I got eigenen because dative endings are -en I think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicole_wilson)
    The 'einladen' was a separable verb so I've definitely got that wrong! I think that was a particularly nasty question but I thought most of it was okay! I imagine 89-ish for an A would be the boundary and I got eigenen because dative endings are -en I think?
    Depends whether was a definite or indefinite or no article

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.