Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here planning on German for A2?
    I'm not sure atm...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yebszy)
    As a whole, I found this year's AS paper much better than last year's- I resat to boost my grade. The essay questions were quite nice, I think. Any essay question on Sport and I'm happy!
    I was also doing this paper as a resit I did the advertising question and basically used the points if advertising creates jobs but it is everywhere and invades our private lives, can have a bad influence on us etc. and linked back to the question by concluding that although some adverts are entertaining, is there such thing as good advertising because all adverts have the same target- to influence us and replace our own opinions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leanne1455)
    I was also doing this paper as a resit I did the advertising question and basically used the points if advertising creates jobs but it is everywhere and invades our private lives, can have a bad influence on us etc. and linked back to the question by concluding that although some adverts are entertaining, is there such thing as good advertising because all adverts have the same target- to influence us and replace our own opinions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's really good! I find Werbung interesting but there's something about it I don't like- perhaps the sound of it? haha. I think resitting makes us give much more developed answers, compared to answering essay questions at AS Level

ReputationRep:
    Guys Question about Grades - Ums wise do you think it's still possible to get an A with a high B on the paper and an A in the speaking for example?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyx)
    Anyone here planning on German for A2?
    I'm not sure atm...
    If I get an A then yes but I don't think I've done it how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiillrz)
    Definitely

How are we doing on remembering the questions? I think I will be able to remember all my answers if we can get together a list of the questions

From Q9 (grammar gap fill)
    1. sinken (seit, plural verb form)

? begann
    ? wird
    ? eigenen (dative? I think was what was wanted)
    ? großes (I think)
    ? überlebt (past participle)
    ? einlädt

In the music question, komponieren was not used (saw someone say that they had used it=
    herunterladen was used
    sammelt/sammeln was used (can't remember which form was an option)

That's all I can remember for now, may update this if I remember more
    Also for the music question:
    Gehört, geschützt, freuen I also used 'zahlen' for one but not too sure whether that was right or not.

Grammar gap fill the last one I wrote 'hätte'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 20Emily1998)
    Guys Question about Grades - Ums wise do you think it's still possible to get an A with a high B on the paper and an A in the speaking for example?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got this last year and got a B overall and my paper was 1 mark off an A. I got an A on my speaking.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yebszy)
    That's really good! I find Werbung interesting but there's something about it I don't like- perhaps the sound of it? haha. I think resitting makes us give much more developed answers, compared to answering essay questions at AS Level
    My grammar is definitely a lot better. I always struggle more with written German because my speaking tends to be quite fast paced and colloquial (my best friend is German) and you can get away with it more in speaking than in writing.

It's so annoying though because I know I can speak and write German because i speak to my friend and text her most days and I spend a lot of time with her at home in Germany and they can understand me fine. But when you have to talk and write about silly topics it's just so irritating.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone post an unoffical mark scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clytemnestra)
    Also for the music question:
    Gehört, geschützt, freuen I also used 'zahlen' for one but not too sure whether that was right or not.

Grammar gap fill the last one I wrote 'hätte'

Posted from TSR Mobile
    wasn't it hätten?

ReputationRep:
    If I get an A then yes but I don't think I've done it how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not sure, I do 2 other languages as well so wouldn't wanna end up doing only languages!
    Oh and it would be only me doing it...

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where to find an unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    How many points do you normally have to make to get a good grade in the essay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyx)
    Not sure, I do 2 other languages as well so wouldn't wanna end up doing only languages!
    Oh and it would be only me doing it...
    What Subjects have you taken? I did maths mechanics, further maths, german and chemistry, Aw no poor you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I hope someone can post an unofficial mark scheme

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tords)
    How many points do you normally have to make to get a good grade in the essay?
    last year people did three but developed them in great detail and got a low 20s mark. I've been told to do about 13

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiillrz)
    ? großes (I think)
    I'm pretty sure it was 'großen', because the article was 'eines' making it genitive?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's definitely grossen (haven't got the symbols on my phone) as "des" is a changed word meaning the adjective must end in en.
    I wrote haette for the last one but seen a lot of people saying it was haetten - I'm sure it had to agree with a singular thing though?? God I can't remember. Now I'm stressing myself out hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find the music filling in the verb reading question 2, I found it really hard!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That question physically pained me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladybec)
    That question physically pained me
    I know! Can you or anyone remember what the music verb question was out of? Because I think I only got like 2 or 3 right

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.