Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for what is coming up?

What has everyone been doing to prepare?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozmo19)
    Any predictions for what is coming up?

What has everyone been doing to prepare?
    It was definitely harder than the practices!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam9317)
    It was definitely harder than the practices!
    What a disgusting paper we just sat!!
    I was confused with what they wanted me to write with some questions. For example, the forms when creating a website was weird.. what did you write for it?
    And they gave so many IF statements do you think the grade boundaries will be high/low?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    What a disgusting paper we just sat!!
    I was confused with what they wanted me to write with some questions. For example, the forms when creating a website was weird.. what did you write for it?
    And they gave so many IF statements do you think the grade boundaries will be high/low?
    The forms for a website is basically a predefined thing which they input, usually to retrieve customer details. For example-

A lot of if statements, it was annoying! Especially when you had to write your own.

The grade boundaries should be lower, as everyone I have spoken to found it harder!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam9317)
    The forms for a website is basically a predefined thing which they input, usually to retrieve customer details. For example-

A lot of if statements, it was annoying! Especially when you had to write your own.

The grade boundaries should be lower, as everyone I have spoken to found it harder!
    I was going to write that but when it said creating a website, i thought it may have meant collecting information about what people would want in the website. 3 marks lost there Yeah everyone found it quite tricky. Are you predicted an A* too?

When writing your own did you do 'G3*0.05 , 0' for the options?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I was going to write that but when it said creating a website, i thought it may have meant collecting information about what people would want in the website. 3 marks lost there Yeah everyone found it quite tricky. Are you predicted an A* too?

When writing your own did you do 'G3*0.05 , 0' for the options?
    Don't worry. My mate counted the paper out of 180, so 3/180 isn't bad!

I am predicted an A*, I think!

I cant remember what I wrote for the if statement, but I wasn't 100% sure of it!

ReputationRep:
    It was really hard ! Much harder than the practices , mind blanked and i couldn't remember what MIDI stood for ! Flat file and relational databases was tricky and the forms when creating a website ...

ReputationRep:
    It was tricky.. i had to read some questions afew times to understand what they were asking me :confused: I didnt know about flat file and the question about .bmp ?? but other than that i think it went ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmcardle587)
    It was tricky.. i had to read some questions afew times to understand what they were asking me :confused: I didnt know about flat file and the question about .bmp ?? but other than that i think it went ok
    I was lost on the flat file question as well! I don't even remember the .bmp question. I thought some of the other stuff was a bit weird as well through; how an eftpos and barcode mean accurate info for the owner

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jdevlin530)
    It was really hard ! Much harder than the practices , mind blanked and i couldn't remember what MIDI stood for ! Flat file and relational databases was tricky and the forms when creating a website ...
    The exact same questions blanked on but i did get the MIDI one. The forms and flat file database is where i got caught. Hoping that i gained enough marks elsewhere to get the A* overall!

ReputationRep:
    Found it quite hard but still hoping for at least an A. Got caught out on the flat file question and the question about RSI and eyestrain, didn't know what to write because could only think of a few things for each which were similar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmcbroom710)
    Found it quite hard but still hoping for at least an A. Got caught out on the flat file question and the question about RSI and eyestrain, didn't know what to write because could only think of a few things for each which were similar
    Hopefully grade boundaries are low! Everyone seemed to be caught out on that question from what I've heard. I need at least an A in the exam so fingers crossed i can get an A* overall

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.