Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Vauxhall Corsa or Ford Fiesta? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking to buy a used car for around £1200 - £1600. I am only getting a cheap one for now as I have only just starting driving again after nearly 4 years (I have had my license for nearly 5 years). I used to drive a 1.3 1999 Ford KA.

I have been looking at either getting a Vauxhall Corsa or a Ford Fiesta. Which car would you recommend getting out of the two? At the moment I am edging towards a Ford Fiesta Zetec as it looks more practical, even the 03/04 plates have got electric windows and seat adjustment. However, I do like the look of the Vauxhall Corsa's and I have heard that they are quite cheap to run.

Also, If I was to buy either a Vauxhall Corsa or a Ford Fiesta which engine would you recommend? I will be travelling up and down the motorway regularly so I would imagine I'd need at least a 1.3?

As you can tell I don't know a lot about cars lol, so any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Neither, at that age and price levels only Japanese cars make a good buy.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.