Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking to buy a used car for around £1200 - £1600. I am only getting a cheap one for now as I have only just starting driving again after nearly 4 years (I have had my license for nearly 5 years). I used to drive a 1.3 1999 Ford KA.

I have been looking at either getting a Vauxhall Corsa or a Ford Fiesta. Which car would you recommend getting out of the two? At the moment I am edging towards a Ford Fiesta Zetec as it looks more practical, even the 03/04 plates have got electric windows and seat adjustment. However, I do like the look of the Vauxhall Corsa's and I have heard that they are quite cheap to run.

Also, If I was to buy either a Vauxhall Corsa or a Ford Fiesta which engine would you recommend? I will be travelling up and down the motorway regularly so I would imagine I'd need at least a 1.3?

As you can tell I don't know a lot about cars lol, so any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Neither, at that age and price levels only Japanese cars make a good buy.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.