Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Digimon304)
    Yeah, So wouldn't the answer be wrong ? Because Cereal D was a decrease of 48.3%?
    I thought all of them decreased by over 50% except cereal A, which was exactly 50%?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zigocarn)
    Yep it did say that, Cereal A was reduced exactly by 50% , & FSA said 'at least 50%' therefore FSA are correct.
    But didn't they say ALL cereal are AT LEAST 50% - so all the cereals should be at least 50% - if it had said at most then they would have been right Oh god, why do I always do things wrong - only two marks right? And I did the right calculation - perhaps it might be one of those questions where with justification it won't matter

ReputationRep:
    I thought all of them decreased by over 50% except cereal A, which was exactly 50%?
    All the values were between something like 43 and 50%

ReputationRep:
    Would ' increase sample size > more reprentative' be acceptable?
    I hope so - you just said a very posh version of what i did I'm sure it will be!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BitofAFangirl)
    Polypropene I think it was, the last material anyway as it was the best for most of the categories
    I don't think there was a correct answer it was more that your point needed to be backed up. I picked nylon as it also had properties that were suitable for most of the categories.

ReputationRep:
    For the magnetism question, i dont think you'll get credit for normal and reversed polarity. In the textbook it talks about measuring the angle from the horizontal and obtaining the latitude.

ReputationRep:
    What does everyone think will come up in the Physics exam next week? Also, does anyone have the 2014 paper for physics, I looked through the chat but couldn't find it

ReputationRep:
    For the rope 6 mark question did anyone put the floating one because if the boat sunk he could sit on the rope?? All of my friends are calling me silly because i did.

ReputationRep:
    Was the FSA correct?!?! Also what did you put for the mecury question

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I put that the FSA were correct because all of the values were exactly 50% or below

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Specialhawk98)
    For the rope 6 mark question did anyone put the floating one because if the boat sunk he could sit on the rope?? All of my friends are calling me silly because i did.
    That was the right rope but not for that reason lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbeyjayne)
    I don't think there was a correct answer it was more that your point needed to be backed up. I picked nylon as it also had properties that were suitable for most of the categories.
    You see, i thought that answer was correct, as if the boat sank the rope would float and he could sit on it and survive.

ReputationRep:
    For the FSA the question asked to show so to get the mark would you have to show the calculations of each cereal?

ReputationRep:
    anyone else do all increase and the top row and all decrease on the bottom row of that changing properties question? i didn't end up using stays the same so i felt kinda unsure

ReputationRep:
    I once had some cheerios that were particularly salty, so i dont think any of the salt contents acctually reduced.

ReputationRep:
    I halved all of the amounts from 2005 and they were all higher then the 2012 amounts except at cereal A which was exactly 50%, the statement was that the cereals salt content had been reduced by at least 50% so they should be correct

ReputationRep:
    I said it wasn't correct ; I guess I rushed the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ukcurious)
    I halved all of the amounts from 2005 and they were all higher then the 2012 amounts except at cereal A which was exactly 50%, the statement was that the cereals salt content had been reduced by at least 50% so they should be correct
    Exactly what i put as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ukcurious)
    That's exactly what i did!

ReputationRep:
    What about the mecury question?!?!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.