Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Digimon304)
    Yeah, So wouldn't the answer be wrong ? Because Cereal D was a decrease of 48.3%?
    I thought all of them decreased by over 50% except cereal A, which was exactly 50%?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zigocarn)
    Yep it did say that, Cereal A was reduced exactly by 50% , & FSA said 'at least 50%' therefore FSA are correct.
    But didn't they say ALL cereal are AT LEAST 50% - so all the cereals should be at least 50% - if it had said at most then they would have been right Oh god, why do I always do things wrong - only two marks right? And I did the right calculation - perhaps it might be one of those questions where with justification it won't matter

ReputationRep:
    I thought all of them decreased by over 50% except cereal A, which was exactly 50%?
    All the values were between something like 43 and 50%

ReputationRep:
    Would ' increase sample size > more reprentative' be acceptable?
    I hope so - you just said a very posh version of what i did I'm sure it will be!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BitofAFangirl)
    Polypropene I think it was, the last material anyway as it was the best for most of the categories
    I don't think there was a correct answer it was more that your point needed to be backed up. I picked nylon as it also had properties that were suitable for most of the categories.

ReputationRep:
    For the magnetism question, i dont think you'll get credit for normal and reversed polarity. In the textbook it talks about measuring the angle from the horizontal and obtaining the latitude.

ReputationRep:
    What does everyone think will come up in the Physics exam next week? Also, does anyone have the 2014 paper for physics, I looked through the chat but couldn't find it

ReputationRep:
    For the rope 6 mark question did anyone put the floating one because if the boat sunk he could sit on the rope?? All of my friends are calling me silly because i did.

ReputationRep:
    Was the FSA correct?!?! Also what did you put for the mecury question

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I put that the FSA were correct because all of the values were exactly 50% or below

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Specialhawk98)
    For the rope 6 mark question did anyone put the floating one because if the boat sunk he could sit on the rope?? All of my friends are calling me silly because i did.
    That was the right rope but not for that reason lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbeyjayne)
    I don't think there was a correct answer it was more that your point needed to be backed up. I picked nylon as it also had properties that were suitable for most of the categories.
    You see, i thought that answer was correct, as if the boat sank the rope would float and he could sit on it and survive.

ReputationRep:
    For the FSA the question asked to show so to get the mark would you have to show the calculations of each cereal?

ReputationRep:
    anyone else do all increase and the top row and all decrease on the bottom row of that changing properties question? i didn't end up using stays the same so i felt kinda unsure

ReputationRep:
    I once had some cheerios that were particularly salty, so i dont think any of the salt contents acctually reduced.

ReputationRep:
    I halved all of the amounts from 2005 and they were all higher then the 2012 amounts except at cereal A which was exactly 50%, the statement was that the cereals salt content had been reduced by at least 50% so they should be correct

ReputationRep:
    I said it wasn't correct ; I guess I rushed the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ukcurious)
    I halved all of the amounts from 2005 and they were all higher then the 2012 amounts except at cereal A which was exactly 50%, the statement was that the cereals salt content had been reduced by at least 50% so they should be correct
    Exactly what i put as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ukcurious)
    That's exactly what i did!

ReputationRep:
    What about the mecury question?!?!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.