Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey so is anyone doing this exam tomorrow? I'm slightly nervous as I haven't really covered everything (there's so much!). Anyone got any predictions on the 8 or 6 mark questions?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing it! I think it'll be stuff on sensors, computer control and/or legislation. They seem to be popular topics. Maybe even +/-'s of different communication services?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I have made this presentation about B061. Feel free to use it
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: pptx B061.pptx (2.81 MB, 1064 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harryleavey)
    Omg this is a godsend thank you so much! I was looking on TES and there was nothing I'll have to upload it to my Google Drive and use it tomorrow morning (as I'm going in at 7.30am!)
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbeyjayne)
    Omg this is a godsend thank you so much! I was looking on TES and there was nothing I'll have to upload it to my Google Drive and use it tomorrow morning (as I'm going in at 7.30am!)
    Ha ha, yeah it is already in my drive. There are a few details missing, but they seemed obvious to me.

I feel like one of the only people doing this course!
    Besides the presentation i haven't done much revision. I didn't revise for the mocks and did ok.

And remember that tomorrows exam is only 20% (of the long course - which most people are doing). So as long as you did well in the Controlled assessment, you should be fine.

I have also used this website: http://www.memrise.com/course/199608/gcse-ict-bo61/ to help remember the key words.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Ha ha, yeah it is already in my drive. There are a few details missing, but they seemed obvious to me.

I feel like one of the only people doing this course!
    Besides the presentation i haven't done much revision. I didn't revise for the mocks and did ok.

And remember that tomorrows exam is only 20% (of the long course - which most people are doing). So as long as you did well in the Controlled assessment, you should be fine.

I have also used this website: http://www.memrise.com/course/199608/gcse-ict-bo61/ to help remember the key words.

Good luck
    Same omg like no one is doing it haha and instead OCR nationals! Well, at my school we have three ICT classes so I mean? That's quite a lot at my school. I think I'm doing short course and mine's worth 40% and I got A*s in my c/w so I'm well backed up in that case!

I use Memrise too actually! I use it for Spanish and ICT.

Good luck to you too! I'm sure you'll smash it!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing it! I think it'll be stuff on sensors, computer control and/or legislation. They seem to be popular topics. Maybe even +/-'s of different communication services?
    I agree! These seem like possible subjects which I never understand so I'll have to go through that tonight!

ReputationRep:
    This is AMAZING thank you so much !

ReputationRep:
    doing this exam tomorrow as well >< good luck to anyone who's doing it! my teacher predicts that there's going to be network devices, system software and control and feedback...

ReputationRep:
    I think there will be something on the pros and cons of working from home as that hasn't come up in a while, Id say most things from the 2011 paper will come up again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anhelka123)
    doing this exam tomorrow as well >< good luck to anyone who's doing it! my teacher predicts that there's going to be network devices, system software and control and feedback...
    Oh god I'm awful at network devices like I know WHAT they are. I just dunno what they DO. lmao
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Oh god I'm awful at network devices like I know WHAT they are. I just dunno what they DO. lmao
    I have these online flashcards which have network hardware devices:
    https://s.tudy.it/of1yt

You might need to sign up. And ignore the fact that it is B063, they overlap.

ReputationRep:
    i have a feeling computer models are gonna come up... that gut feeling. oh and expert systems

ReputationRep:
    I have these online flashcards which have network hardware devices:
    https://s.tudy.it/of1yt

You might need to sign up. And ignore the fact that it is B063, they overlap.

Nice, I'll give em' a go before B063 I think

i have a feeling computer models are gonna come up... that gut feeling. oh and expert systems
    What are expert systems? :confused: Computer models as well? Oh my god... I've never heard of expert systems in my life :O

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean the different types of computer? Or is it something else?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I dont think expert systems are in the specification for B061 :confused::confused:

ReputationRep:
    is it not? our teacher gave us a past paper that had expert systems in it. no, not different types of computer, as in modelling situations and the benefits and drawbacks. btw what about troubleshooting??
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    is it not? our teacher gave us a past paper that had expert systems in it. no, not different types of computer, as in modelling situations and the benefits and drawbacks. btw what about troubleshooting??
    Oh, sorry yes it is. Would you mind summarising expert systems here?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing this exam too!! I thought I was the only one who was struggling. Does anyone know any revision sites for this exam?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kayla Kraken)
    I'm doing this exam too!! I thought I was the only one who was struggling. Does anyone know any revision sites for this exam?
    I have posted a few things above.

Good luck with the revision

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.