The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Biology Paper 1B - 12th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by STUDENTATOOL
Is everyone doing the paper 2 next month?

Yea :biggrin:
Original post by Strangerdanger
I am
Btw are there revision forums on here?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I need too :frown:
Original post by muhtasim2010
they are external so easier to get to whereas oviducts are internal therefore harder to get to

I wrote fallopian tube can be sometimes blocked or one ovary might not produce any egg.
I found parts of it very hard! Some was easy but what was label c on the leaf diagram abd what did people get for the calculation?
I found several bits of this exam hard such as what is dry mass? We have never been taught this. What was structure c on the leaf diagram?
Original post by Greendaylove
I found several bits of this exam hard such as what is dry mass? We have never been taught this. What was structure c on the leaf diagram?

A was upper epidermas
B was Palisade mesophyll
C was spongy Mesophyll
D was stomata
Like i swear the questions had sooo much concept hidden behind it like the time was so less nobody got a chnce to recheck the paper.Like if u look at the past few years papers they are much muchh easier but god knows why they had to do this with us now they better keep the grade boundaries really low like 102 A
Reply 46
Original post by PalwashaAyubb
A was upper epidermas
B was Palisade mesophyll
C was spongy Mesophyll
D was stomata
Like i swear the questions had sooo much concept hidden behind it like the time was so less nobody got a chnce to recheck the paper.Like if u look at the past few years papers they are much muchh easier but god knows why they had to do this with us now they better keep the grade boundaries really low like 102 A

D was guard cell no mark for stomata

Posted from TSR Mobile
D was guard cell. What was the answer for the organ systems that could be seen in the rat and the answer for one organ system not shown in the diagram?
Original post by Strangerdanger
Right! I really need to ace paper 2 cuz I doubt I'd get more than 50%

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! And I hope the 1 hour would be enough for me...don't want to run a marathon again...
Original post by aahmad
D was guard cell no mark for stomata
Posted from TSR Mobile

I got A B and D but didnt get C. I had plenty of time and answered all questions so probably got them wrong. It was much harder than past papers i have done.
would you get a mark for saying the upper epidermis was the waxy cuticle?
Reply 51
Original post by biology man
would you get a mark for saying the upper epidermis was the waxy cuticle?

Probably it would be in the notes section of the mark scheme
Guys for the fallopian tubing being cut, I also put there is a risk that that the egg may have already travelled out of the ovaries and that will pose a problem since sperm doesn't automatically go up spermduct unless ejaculation is that right?
I also put the testes easier and cheaper to do while ovaries it's more complez surgery
Original post by aahmad
Guard cells are on top on a water lily as underwater gases would not be able to diffuse etc. And lowland rice get extra nutrients of to leeching through the soil I think...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that u could also say that the plants in high land have adapted to surviving without as much ions like phosphates etc compared to low land , i dont think it has much to with leaching , or u could say the high land rice was genetically modified or something
Reply 54
Original post by shadowarcher12
I think that u could also say that the plants in high land have adapted to surviving without as much ions like phosphates etc compared to low land , i dont think it has much to with leaching , or u could say the high land rice was genetically modified or something

Genetic modification looool
What was the sechi disk question? And what was the lowland highland rice question excactly?
What was the rice question and what was the sechi disk question?
Reply 57
Original post by Ewarwoowa
What was the rice question and what was the sechi disk question?

Bit late mate been a while since the exam
Does it matter? Still curious because I genuinely can't remember so worrying about missing out questions etc.
Original post by aahmad
Bit late mate been a while since the exam
Reply 59
Original post by mhammond98
Just wondering how everyone found the biology paper today? I thought some questions were quite challenging, but generally, it wasn't too bad!

Do you think the grade boundaries are going to be higher then the previous year???:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest