Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

GCSE Biology Unit 2, what do you think the grade boundaries will be like? Watch

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people in my year were saying that they struggled and found it really hard. I don't think I did great to be honest - not awful, but compared to the papers I've done in the past it was not one of my best. I know teachers say that if everyone struggled, the grade boundaries will be lowered. What do you think they will be like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misora)
    A lot of people in my year were saying that they struggled and found it really hard. I don't think I did great to be honest - not awful, but compared to the papers I've done in the past it was not one of my best. I know teachers say that if everyone struggled, the grade boundaries will be lowered. What do you think they will be like?
    The grade boundaries will be low again, maybe not as low as last year though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Major Wilson)
    The grade boundaries will be low again, maybe not as low as last year though.
    What were they like last year?

ReputationRep:
    What were they like last year?
    40/60 for an A*

ReputationRep:
    40/60 for an A*
    That's pretty good, were there many marks between each grade?

ReputationRep:
    That's pretty good, were there many marks between each grade?
    33 for an A, 26 for a B, 20 for a C

ReputationRep:
    I probably got, at the most, 4 marks for the 6-mark question. It's not even in the revision guide or BBC Bitesize!

ReputationRep:
    That was only because of a printing error (people missed last page) , it should have been 45/60 for A* or more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asmuse123)
    I probably got, at the most, 4 marks for the 6-mark question. It's not even in the revision guide or BBC Bitesize!
    I think it was mostly based off trying to use the stuff in the revision guide and your own knowledge. Once you knew it was about transects, it made it easy to explain how you were going to do it.

But then you need to remember how to make the data valid, which I out was just by taking multiple samples and taking out anomalies

ReputationRep:
    33 for an A, 26 for a B, 20 for a C
    Ok, so do you think they will be very different or not?

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so do you think they will be very different or not?
    They'll be a little higher.

ReputationRep:
    People are saying they struggled but it really wasn't too bad. I would say 45 for an A* at the minimum.

ReputationRep:
    It was much more difficult than past papers....I remember the June 13 boundaries were 36 for A*, 30 for an A etc and I personally didn't find that bad.
    I'd say optimistically:
    A* 39
    A 33
    B 27
    C 20

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxjackson5)
    People are saying they struggled but it really wasn't too bad. I would say 45 for an A* at the minimum.
    But if a lot of people across the country didn't do too great, would they put down the boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    right now the A* is probably around 48/49, so yes they will bring they grade boundaries slightly if they need to. Which is why i predict that you will need atleast 45 for an A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxjackson5)
    right now the A* is probably around 48/49, so yes they will bring they grade boundaries slightly if they need to. Which is why i predict that you will need atleast 45 for an A*
    Ok thank you

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.