Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I am currently studying medicine at corpus christi college, Cambridge in my 1st year and have decided that it is not for me. I have realised that I would rather do engineering, so I have posted here first before discussing this with my tutor and DoS. Therefore, could anyone explain to me if this is a possible switch and would likely to be authorised? I would really appreciate some Cambridge students or alumni to answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ET007)
    Hey guys, I am currently studying medicine at corpus christi college, Cambridge in my 1st year and have decided that it is not for me. I have realised that I would rather do engineering, so I have posted here first before discussing this with my tutor and DoS. Therefore, could anyone explain to me if this is a possible switch and would likely to be authorised? I would really appreciate some Cambridge students or alumni to answer.
    Did you do FM? I assume you did Physics & Maths with high UMS.
    Quite a few medics swap to NatSci at the end of the first year and so I doubt, provided that you have done FM, that it will cause any problems. You will have to convince them you are making the change for the right reasons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colmans)
    Did you do FM? I assume you did Physics & Maths with high UMS.
    Quite a few medics swap to NatSci at the end of the first year and so I doubt, provided that you have done FM, that it will cause any problems. You will have to convince them you are making the change for the right reasons.
    Unfortunately i didn't take fm, but I don't see why self-learning the main modules and then restarting the engineering course in summer will incur any significant problems. Ok yolo, I'm gunna ask my DoS on Monday.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.