Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Farage 'very interested' in by-election for Labour seat Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...bour-held-seat

Oh dear God.

ReputationRep:
    Good. Hope he takes it. The less seats the disgraceful Labour party has the better.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I think part of his problem is going for seats he has no attachment to. I know there is a tendency in this country to vote for the party and the leader, rather than the local guy, but I think this does have an impact on him. I remember back in 2010 a huge deal was made out of the fact that a contender in my constituency did not live locally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    I think part of his problem is going for seats he has no attachment to. I know there is a tendency in this country to vote for the party and the leader, rather than the local guy, but I think this does have an impact on him. I remember back in 2010 a huge deal was made out of the fact that a contender in my constituency did not live locally.
    Agreed, I would just leave the local to run
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Coventry North-West, which is a Labour stronghold, is touted as the first by-election. I think the MP there is in his 80s and wants out, because he lives in Surrey anyway, which suggests voters don't hold too much stock in local men.

ReputationRep:
    Good news

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Coventry North-West, which is a Labour stronghold, is touted as the first by-election. I think the MP there is in his 80s and wants out, because he lives in Surrey anyway, which suggests voters don't hold too much stock in local men.
    I live in Coventry!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeaPony)
    I live in Coventry!!!
    I'm so sorry for you. Is there anything I can do to help?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    It would appear there are rumours for Labour to parachute a high-profile candidate if any of their MPs retire. I imagine it'll be Balls.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Is that not where Euan Blair has located.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeaPony)
    Good news
    I guess it'd be more interesting if UKIP doubled their seat numbers to that which they had before the election.

They'd hold the balance of power.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?
General election 2017 on TSR
Register to vote

Registering to vote?

Check out our guide for everything you need to know

Manifesto snapshots

Manifesto Snapshots

All you need to know about the 2017 party manifestos

Party Leader questions

Party Leader Q&A

Ask political party leaders your questions

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.