Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

OCR (not MEI) C2 - Wednesday 20th May 2015 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuvertion)
    Wasn't this the answer for the sum? https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=(-...19)-1))%2F-2-1
    Thats what i got i think!

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't this the answer for the sum? https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=(-...19)-1))%2F-2-1
    How many marks was the sum question?
    I got the answers in your quote however I think it's wrong? (Very unsure about it)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xsanda)
    Xsanda's solutions:
    R=-2
    ar¹⁰ = 3072
    Sum to 20 = -1048575

trapezium: 21.4
    narrower strips

triangle area: 32.1
    perimeter: 22.7

expansion: 64+192ax+240a²x²+…
    a=2/3

y=4x^(3/2)-7x-3
    (x-2)(x+5)(x-3)
    negative section of integration counts negatively

u₂₀ = 62
    Σ = 517 (show that)

N=24
    n=17.1
    x=32, y=8

6π-α
    3π-a
    graph of sin, half height
    3.32, 12.7
    yup agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabby07)
    Can I just gauge how people felt that went, 1/10 being very badly, 10/10 being very well? Just so I get an idea of the standard. Reply to this post
    7/8

ReputationRep:
    Can I just gauge how people felt that went, 1/10 being very badly, 10/10 being very well? Just so I get an idea of the standard. Reply to this post
    7/10: retaking C2 after last year, was initially hoping for 90UMS but it looks like I got 80UMS. Slightly disappointing but for the revision I did I can't complain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tobybeta)
    ARGGHHHHH...
    Got all the questions right, apart from 9a) where I answered in degrees (I.e. 1080-a). There goes 3 marks any guesses at what 70/72 is UMS wise? I probably get 1 on the 2 marker for method.
    might actually be 100ums or 98 id say. Lot of people found it really difficult o.O

ReputationRep:
    Just realised I put -3072 for the second question instead of positive I think it's time to dig my grave I'm never trusting a calculator again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sid1234)
    fairly straightforward 10/10
    New questions, 7/10.

Grade boundaries similar to last year I reckon.

ReputationRep:
    DAMN IT, 3 marks gone, forgot to multiply the values of x by 3 when working out the other values of k, but remembered to do it in the last part of that question, silly mistakes (((!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hattie.eatock)
    anyone know the answer to the 7 marker?
    I think if I remember correctly I put;
    Y = 4x^3/2 -7x -3
    As my final solution

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmedi)
    How many marks was the sum question?
    I got the answers in your quote however I think it's wrong? (Very unsure about it)
    I think it's correct, double check it. r=-2, a=3 (I think). Don't know how many marks, I'm guessing we would've lost 1 or 2.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please explain the summation = 517 I suck at those haha!

ReputationRep:
    4/10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renzhi10122)
    It was the sum of the first 20 terms, not the first 19 unfortunately
    Ah right, I didn't look at the booklet and put r^(n-1) without thinking about it.

ReputationRep:
    7/10: retaking C2 after last year, was initially hoping for 90UMS but it looks like I got 80UMS. Slightly disappointing but for the revision I did I can't complain.
    Think you could be my C2 Doppelgänger?

ReputationRep:
    N should be 30. I got 32 a mistake.

ReputationRep:
    Some questions were very bad so 5 or 6/10

ReputationRep:
    how do dis I no no it how u no get it. peasy paper u scrubs even I (an art student) got it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmedi)
    I think if I remember correctly I put;
    Y = 4x^3/2 -7x -3
    As my final solution
    I also got that but idk what is the gradient of 5 for?

ReputationRep:
    7/10

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.