Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    For the very last question I put my answers in degrees (170 and 730 or whatever they were) instead of in radians. Did the question ask for them in radians?

ReputationRep:
    Just go on Wolfram alpha and put in tan(x/3)=2
    90% sure it was 3.3 ish and 12.7 ish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BradWerritt)
    For the very last question I put my answers in degrees (170 and 730 or whatever they were) instead of in radians. Did the question ask for them in radians?
    Yeah but you'll probably get 3/4 marks if they're correct

ReputationRep:
    Yep I got 3.3 and 12.7 (ish) for the last qu too, and yes it did ask for it in radians specifically

ReputationRep:
    How many marks will I drop on the 2n - n-1 question.

I worked out 2n - n instead , and obtained a quadratic but actually got the right answer of n = 24

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrathamM)
    Yep I got 3.3 and 12.7 (ish) for the last qu too, and yes it did ask for it in radians specifically
    They also asked for it to 3 SF I think.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have an idea of what 64/72 might be in ums?

ReputationRep:
    i would say 90ums

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmedi)
    What was the mark for 100% in june 14?
    I'm not sure how you work it out but I found out the difference in marks between an A and a B (7) and added twice of that to the marks required to get an A (56). If that's correct then 100% UMS would require 70 marks. Reasoning: 10% = 7 marks, 80% (A) = 56 marks.

ReputationRep:
    what would the grade boundaries be

(Original post by Project22)
    Anyone have an idea of what 64/72 might be in ums?
    I think quite a few people are feeling grade boundaries are going to be similar to June 2014, so around 91 UMS give or take a few.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolfram74)
    They also asked for it to 3 SF I think.
    Yeah they did, I did that just forgot what it was

ReputationRep:
    unofficial mark scheme - https://twitter.com/Aqib_Mustafa/sta...83214698721280

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmedi)
    Attachment 403489

Some people were asking for a solution for the N = 24 question;
    This is what I did for the exam;
    I did the right method but got the wrong answer cos I think I made a mistake simplifying the quadratic, how many marks would I get? Also how many marks for this q in total?

ReputationRep:
    Good paper.

ReputationRep:
    for the simultaneous equations, were there meant to be two answers for x and y? i'm pretty sure i got x=32 and y=8 (i can only remember writing y=8 tho, mind went blank since leaving that exam :/) but i also got x=1/2?? (can't remember the y value)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me how many marks I'd get for the sum of 2N question, if I did 2N-N rather than 2N-(N-1)?
    I got a quadratic and used the formula to get two answers, think I got 40 for N in the end which obviously isn't right.. just wondering if I'd get 1 or 2 marks for it though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xsanda)
    You'd lose the mark on 9i), and possibly one of the two on 9ii).
    How many method marks for doing for 9 iv):
    2cos1/3x = sin1/3x
    tan-11/3x = 2
    1/3x =1.1072...

then being stupid and multiplying by a 1/3 NOT dividing???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xsanda)
    See post above this, questions and marks added in
    Would i get 4 marks for writing 17.1 but for some reason writing down 18 aswell thinking you have to round it to full number. And also for the what is a question would i get any method marks if i wrote 1/3 instead and how many method marks would i get for the N question if i got a quadratic equation for both but didnt get to factorise it in order to solve N

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AZ98)
    for the simultaneous equations, were there meant to be two answers for x and y? i'm pretty sure i got x=32 and y=8 (i can only remember writing y=8 tho, mind went blank since leaving that exam :/) but i also got x=1/2?? (can't remember the y value)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    nope only 1 set of answers

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.