Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arabinthemist)
    Nah I've done all the papers including one which had a grade boundary of 53 and this was 'harder'. This paper would've tricked a lot of people out
    That would be a godsend honestly, I got screwed over badly by the 2N question and could easily have lost 4 maybe even all 6 marks there. Apart from that though, thought it went very well, if boundary is 53 or something, then where do you reckon 100 UMS will be? 67/68? How'd you find it in general aswell?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know where the mark would be given for question 9 (iv)???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orangeflower360)
    How did you do it??
    one side was like 2cos1/3x = sin1/3x --- something like that
    you divide by cos1/3x to get 2 = tan1/3x
    then 1/3x = arctan2 which gives you one value, you add 180 to that value to get the other value. then you now have two values of 1/3x = u and v, to get x on its own you times those two answers, u and v, by 3, which gives 3.3... and 12.7...

ReputationRep:
    The exam was difficult. Quite a few people cried after the exam, including me.

I couldn't do the last question. I messed up the 2N thing, but I think I got method marks though as my maths teacher said I did some parts right.

There goes my hopes for an A in Maths. Wouldn't mind a B though.

ReputationRep:
    Markscheme been posted yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrathamM)
    one side was like 2cos1/3x = sin1/3x --- something like that
    you divide by cos1/3x to get 2 = tan1/3x
    then 1/3x = arctan2 which gives you one value, you add 180 to that value to get the other value. then you now have two values of 1/3x = u and v, to get x on its own you times those two answers, u and v, by 3, which gives 3.3... and 12.7...
    TBH i got the 3.3 wth didnt i add the 180 degrees my dayss idiot right here :') thank you for taking the time!

ReputationRep:
    how many marks will you get if you just integrated the equation twice then found the equation of the curve by finding C

ReputationRep:
    if anyone can pm me a pic of the questions I can do a mark scheme with solutions

ReputationRep:
    how many marks will you get if you just integrated the equation twice then found the equation of the curve by finding C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogs98)
    Did you get somewhere along the lines of 4x^3/2 - 7x - 5?
    You probably lost one or two marks if you missed out the second term.

ReputationRep:
    i integrated the equation twice dats it and worked out the value of c by subbing in the values of x and y

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peppercrunch)
    The exam was difficult. Quite a few people cried after the exam, including me.

I couldn't do the last question. I messed up the 2N thing, but I think I got method marks though as my maths teacher said I did some parts right.

There goes my hopes for an A in Maths. Wouldn't mind a B though.
    What did you get for the 2N thing? I got -44 and 125/3 which I think are both wrong.

Didn't you do any of 9?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shakz98)
    i integrated the equation twice dats it and worked out the value of c by subbing in the values of x and y. how many marks will i get
    dff fgg

ReputationRep:
    What do you suppose 61 or 62 might be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DominoMatrix227)
    What did you get for the 2N thing? I got -44 and 125/3 which I think are both wrong.

Didn't you do any of 9?
    how many marks do u thing -44 will get me

ReputationRep:
    how many marks will i get if i got 4x^3/2 +c. I cant remeber my value of c

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubberduckiller)
    how many marks do u thing -44 will get me
    I have already asked this, I have no idea! How did you fin d the rest of the paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DominoMatrix227)

Didn't you do any of 9?
    I think i got -44, but i can't remember it was so hard that question

ReputationRep:
    Yh I did the Same thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eyenarbi)
    I also got that but idk what is the gradient of 5 for?
    the gradient of five was just an extra thing to make it easier dy/dx =5 when you are doing the first step of integration and then you used it again in the second step.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 19, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.