Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arabinthemist)
    Nah I've done all the papers including one which had a grade boundary of 53 and this was 'harder'. This paper would've tricked a lot of people out
    That would be a godsend honestly, I got screwed over badly by the 2N question and could easily have lost 4 maybe even all 6 marks there. Apart from that though, thought it went very well, if boundary is 53 or something, then where do you reckon 100 UMS will be? 67/68? How'd you find it in general aswell?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know where the mark would be given for question 9 (iv)???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orangeflower360)
    How did you do it??
    one side was like 2cos1/3x = sin1/3x --- something like that
    you divide by cos1/3x to get 2 = tan1/3x
    then 1/3x = arctan2 which gives you one value, you add 180 to that value to get the other value. then you now have two values of 1/3x = u and v, to get x on its own you times those two answers, u and v, by 3, which gives 3.3... and 12.7...

ReputationRep:
    The exam was difficult. Quite a few people cried after the exam, including me.

I couldn't do the last question. I messed up the 2N thing, but I think I got method marks though as my maths teacher said I did some parts right.

There goes my hopes for an A in Maths. Wouldn't mind a B though.

ReputationRep:
    Markscheme been posted yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrathamM)
    one side was like 2cos1/3x = sin1/3x --- something like that
    you divide by cos1/3x to get 2 = tan1/3x
    then 1/3x = arctan2 which gives you one value, you add 180 to that value to get the other value. then you now have two values of 1/3x = u and v, to get x on its own you times those two answers, u and v, by 3, which gives 3.3... and 12.7...
    TBH i got the 3.3 wth didnt i add the 180 degrees my dayss idiot right here :') thank you for taking the time!

ReputationRep:
    how many marks will you get if you just integrated the equation twice then found the equation of the curve by finding C

ReputationRep:
    if anyone can pm me a pic of the questions I can do a mark scheme with solutions

ReputationRep:
    how many marks will you get if you just integrated the equation twice then found the equation of the curve by finding C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogs98)
    Did you get somewhere along the lines of 4x^3/2 - 7x - 5?
    You probably lost one or two marks if you missed out the second term.

ReputationRep:
    i integrated the equation twice dats it and worked out the value of c by subbing in the values of x and y

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peppercrunch)
    The exam was difficult. Quite a few people cried after the exam, including me.

I couldn't do the last question. I messed up the 2N thing, but I think I got method marks though as my maths teacher said I did some parts right.

There goes my hopes for an A in Maths. Wouldn't mind a B though.
    What did you get for the 2N thing? I got -44 and 125/3 which I think are both wrong.

Didn't you do any of 9?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shakz98)
    i integrated the equation twice dats it and worked out the value of c by subbing in the values of x and y. how many marks will i get
    dff fgg

ReputationRep:
    What do you suppose 61 or 62 might be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DominoMatrix227)
    What did you get for the 2N thing? I got -44 and 125/3 which I think are both wrong.

Didn't you do any of 9?
    how many marks do u thing -44 will get me

ReputationRep:
    how many marks will i get if i got 4x^3/2 +c. I cant remeber my value of c

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubberduckiller)
    how many marks do u thing -44 will get me
    I have already asked this, I have no idea! How did you fin d the rest of the paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DominoMatrix227)

Didn't you do any of 9?
    I think i got -44, but i can't remember it was so hard that question

ReputationRep:
    Yh I did the Same thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eyenarbi)
    I also got that but idk what is the gradient of 5 for?
    the gradient of five was just an extra thing to make it easier dy/dx =5 when you are doing the first step of integration and then you used it again in the second step.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.