Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

OCR (not MEI) C2 - Wednesday 20th May 2015 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Guys can anyone realistically give a decent estimate and expplain what the 100 ums would be cos the lowest it's ever been is 68/72 in obviously the hardest paper.. but was this the hardest? or is it just cos we did it in a proper exam that we found it hard... so ye any opinions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parallex)
    lmao those Hitler reacts videos after every exam are priceless

"the lads who took Edexcel I heard they're going out for a ****ing cheeky Nando's tonight"
    "How dare they put Logarithms in question 7! "

ReputationRep:
    55 - A
    48 - B
    42 - C
    36 - D
    30 - E

69/72 for full UMS is my guess.
    Any other guesses?

ReputationRep:
    how do you find what 100 ums is in past papers?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else find the 7 mark question (Q5) stupidly easy? xD

ReputationRep:
    Yh I found that question very easy. Also for 9ii wasn't it 270 - a or 3/2pi - a. As it was the smallest value for the line y=-k?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was all really easy apart from the arithmetic progression one where you had to find the value of N or whatever, I literally completely forgot how to use sigma notations and kept getting 670 idk??? i kinda shut down so i guess i lost up to 9 marks there lol, and the last question 9 with the weird graphs, i think i got most of the marks but probs lost a few, overall i think i got about 60/72 idk bc i think i got all of the other q's right ? apparently 55/62 is expected to be an A and i doubt i lost 17 marks however badly i did on those questions so overall im kinda happy with it!

ReputationRep:
    What if I wrote 4.04pi instead of 12.7, they are equal to each other, will they mark me down?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iceabbey)
    What if I wrote 4.04pi instead of 17.1, they are equal to each other, will they mark me down?
    That would be fine if they were the same value. Unfortunately, 4.04 \pi is not equal to 17.1, so yes, you will lose marks here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parallex)
    lmao those Hitler reacts videos after every exam are priceless

"the lads who took Edexcel I heard they're going out for a ****ing cheeky Nando's tonight"
    Ikr hahahh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CactusJess)
    I wouldnt stay stupidly easy, first i misread it as a normal integration of dy/dx then i saw the 7 marks and gradient thing, so after that i was like oh integrate twice hahah
    but it was nice for 7 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by asif118)
    how do you find what 100 ums is in past papers?
    Generally, find the difference between the A and B marks, double it and add onto the A mark.

ReputationRep:
    has an unofficial mark scheme been posted yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j.greenwood98)
    has an unofficial mark scheme been posted yet?
    Mr m is doing one tomorrow evening, there is one on this thread however by xsanda

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    9N^2+13N-5496=0 quad formula, N=24, Don't worry, I got it wrong and so did a few people in my further maths class... grade boundries will take Q7 and Q9 out of the picture for an A I believe

ReputationRep:
    Wow, you had yours early. Mine's (Mei) is in 2 weeks!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weeksy97)
    for the binomial question could you simplify it by dividing all the values by 8??
    Unfortunately not, because that would mean the original expression would have been multiplied by 8. As long as you expressed the correct unsimplified answer somewhere, you'd only lose about 1 mark, or 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CactusJess)
    Yep! But it was question 5 so....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marioman)
    That would be fine if they were the same value. Unfortunately, 4.04 \pi is not equal to 17.1, so yes, you will lose marks here.
    Oh my mistake, the answer for the last one is 12.7…… Since they are equal to each other now then I will be fine……Anyway, thx.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_-Fev6CuS0

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.