Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

OCR (not MEI) C2 - Wednesday 20th May 2015 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Would i get 4 marks for writing 17.1 but for some reason writing down 18 aswell thinking you have to round it to full number. And also for the what is a question would i get any method marks if i wrote 1/3 instead and how many method marks would i get for the N question if i got a quadratic equation for both but didnt get to factorise it in order to solve N. Finally any ideas what grade boundaries will be because i messed up and know need to do good in s1

ReputationRep:
    Could someone send me a copy of the paper please??
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Answers: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3348989

ReputationRep:
    how many ums would 48 be?

(Original post by louisaerin)
    how many ums would 48 be?
    Judging by last years grade boundaries, about 68. But I'm not sure what the boundaries will be like this year so that could be completely off.

ReputationRep:
    I definitely dropped 5 marks at least but for the series question, I got the answer by trial and error and pretty much made up some numbers so it looked like my quadratic in N worked out, how many marks would I get? I'm guessing I'd get 4/6 which would then be 65/72? How much UMS would that be?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any tips for actually HOW they go about doing perms and combs with the more difficult questions? Would really appreciate your guys' advice

ReputationRep:
    For mechanics does anyone know how to know if equilibrium is limiting or not? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Is there a Stats 1 thread? Can someone link me to it? Need to ask people some stuff

(Original post by LucieTeresa)
    Is there a Stats 1 thread? Can someone link me to it? Need to ask people some stuff
    Here - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3344315

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shizhang)
    Does anyone remember how many marks the binomial expansion question was worth?
    must have been an 9 marker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by This Saturday)
    must have been an 9 marker
    Thanks. Turns out that it didn't go too badly! How was your C2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shizhang)
    Thanks. Turns out that it didn't go too badly! How was your C2?
    ice cold man

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone feel like they got lower than what they deserved? I worked my ass off and got a crappy grade at the end of it, just doesn't seem right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikaela_pascal)
    Does anyone feel like they got lower than what they deserved? I worked my ass off and got a crappy grade at the end of it, just doesn't seem right.
    You're not the only one. Did a lot of past papers but got 66/100 which was really disappointing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by czj1997)
    You're not the only one. Did a lot of past papers but got 66/100 which was really disappointing.
    Yes thankgod! I did sooooo many past papers for C2 and M1 and still got E's !

Are you having any remarked?

ReputationRep:
    Yes thankgod! I did sooooo many past papers for C2 and M1 and still got E's !

Are you having any remarked?
    I'm not sure if getting them remarked can change my grade.. so I guess not. Will probably retake them next year :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by czj1997)
    I'm not sure if getting them remarked can change my grade.. so I guess not. Will probably retake them next year :/
    What did you get if you don't mind me asking, also what other subjects are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    What did you get if you don't mind me asking, also what other subjects are you doing?
    Got a B, the courses I want to do require maths to be an A or A* so.. I probably need to retake the papers. Econs, geography and psychology :-)

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.