Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now
    • Thread Starter


    I've been living in the UK for four and a half years now , with a 'Family member of an EU' type of visa. I already finished A levels and now I'm planning to undertake an undergraduate course but, my visa expires in December of this year and, I can only renew or apply for a permanent residency a month prior (November), as advice by a solicitor. My question is, Would I be eligible for student finance to start a course in September this year knowing that my visa expires in December of the same? The chances of getting my visa approved are very high, but yet before going through all the UCAS application process I want to make sure I am eligible for a student loan.
    • Official TSR Representative

    Hi there.

    Where are you originally from? You need to have 'settled' status in the UK at the beginning of your course before we can award you any funding if you are not from the EU originally.

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.