The Student Room Group

UNIT 1 An inspector calls Eng Lit 18//05/15 PREDICTIONS

THIS IS going to be a killer for the english lit exam...
Share predictions

honestly i have none for AIC this is going to be tough .

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My teacher thought that something about the title might come up :/ I don't know though. Not looking forward to this one, I don't know any quotes yet... :O
Original post by torilee
My teacher thought that something about the title might come up :/ I don't know though. Not looking forward to this one, I don't know any quotes yet... :O

What the hell could we write about the title :confused::eek:??
LOL
My teacher said about Mr+Mrs Birling and thats what we had our mock on but who knows :/- I'm dreading the English Literature exams- just seems like so much to learn!!!1 :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Charlotte458
My teacher said about Mr+Mrs Birling and thats what we had our mock on but who knows :/- I'm dreading the English Literature exams- just seems like so much to learn!!!1 :frown:

same, hoenstly i reckon this lit exam is gonna ruin the week for me (and grade)
Original post by Synonym

I'm predicted an a* as well just to make the disappointment worse :frown::frown:

Poetry isn't too bad because you can just go with it and make stuff up if needed but you can't really make anything up with the short stories.

Do you do Of Mice and Men as your second book? That's just as bad!!!!!
Reply 6
Original post by ColorMiKiki
What the hell could we write about the title :confused::eek:??
LOL

My teacher is always talking about connotations of the words (e.g. 'Inspector' = scrutiny), but I really doubt it'll be in the exam!!!
Reply 7
Original post by Synonym

Definitely...I feel like I need LOADS more time. Maybe a year or something?! :tongue: My second book's To Kill a Mockingbird, and that's even worse :s-smilie:
Reply 8
I'm predicted an a* as well just to make the disappointment worse :frown::frown:

Poetry isn't too bad because you can just go with it and make stuff up if needed but you can't really make anything up with the short stories.

Do you do Of Mice and Men as your second book? That's just as bad!!!!!

Yep well part 1 of unit 1 will be about OMAM and the part 2 will be about AIC
Original post by Synonym
Yep well part 1 of unit 1 will be about OMAM and the part 2 will be about AIC

Its just going to be a bad day next monday :/

Doesn't help I've missed every single revision session for the past 6 weeks so I'm totally clueless :frown:

Anyone have any revision notes/good websites they're willing to share? :^_^:
Someone posted some really good revision notes for the OMAM section on the english literature exam forum :smile: Should check it out - It's pages long! :tongue:
Original post by ColorMiKiki
Someone posted some really good revision notes for the OMAM section on the english literature exam forum :smile: Should check it out - It's pages long! :tongue:

Thanks- I will!- I need all the revision I can get- having two emergency surgeries sucks :frown::frown:
Thanks- I will!- I need all the revision I can get- having two emergency surgeries sucks :frown::frown:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3244725&page=3

Aww! That's so unfortunate :frown:

Yeah I know :frown:- haven't been able to do anything since the end of March! I had everything so prepared as well! Thanks for the link though :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by torilee

why are you worried about quotes it's an open book exam :smile:
Original post by jessm8

I think it's easier to think of points when i have quotes already in my mind.:smile:
I think The extract question will be on either Gerald or Eric
And the essay questions either on how Shelia is presented or write a letter as Mr birling blah blah :0
Reply 17
Original post by jessm8

Are you sure? Ours isn't :frown:
Reply 18
i'm 100% sure it's open book i'm doing IGCSE are you?
Reply 19
Original post by jessm8
i'm 100% sure it's open book i'm doing IGCSE are you?

You've just made my day!! We've always had closed book mocks, but i am doing iGCSE, so I guess the teachers just want us to know the text well?

Quick Reply

Latest