Turn on thread page Beta

Sent my ex GF an apology by text. watch

Yes, by text, simply because I want to avoid getting caught in the heat of the conversation and possibly ending up us arguing again.

I apologised for my behaviour and everything I had said the last time we saw each other.

Please bare in mind that I'm the one who instigated the break up. It was in fact a spur of the moment and I had acted very irrationally.

Anyway, I told her that it was rash, incredibly rude and the way I treated her was totally uncalled for.

I also sent my love to her family. I like to think we were close and her parents definitely appreciated me.

Of course, I'm not expecting a response from her any time soon, or at all, but I really think she deserves the apology.

I didn't try and shift the blame by saying "but ..." ... I took full responsibility.

I also hoped everything was going well and that she was smashing her exams.

I didn't ask any questions or anything

What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Your apology does sound sincere, but I think you should have done it face to face, it would have made it more personal and I think she may have appreciated that more than a text. I don't know how I would feel about getting an apology by text tbh.

(Original post by 3456)
    Your apology does sound sincere, but I think you should have done it face to face, it would have made it more personal and I think she may have appreciated that more than a text. I don't know how I would feel about getting an apology by text tbh.

I agree that face-to-face would be ideal, but unfortunately under these circumstances it's impossible.

I'm away till Thursday and she's incredibly busy at the moment and spends all day and every day working. She has exams you see.

Well the fact that we're on speaking terms is what's important to me. If we weren't then I think sending the apology by text would've been very inappropriate.

Although I said I'm not expecting a response, I'm quite confident that she will

ReputationRep:
    You're going to have to be very patient and give it some time. You should be comfortable in knowing that you have apologised and that there is nothing else you can do at this point apart from waiting.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 12, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.