Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

OCR G542 Psychology Monday 18th May *OFFICIAL THREAD* Watch

ReputationRep:
    For the person who asked for the psychodynamic perspective:

Assumption: Behaviours are influenced by the unconcious mind

Pros: 1.Takes a humanistic approach - looks at the individual as a whole not just disorder (eg thigpen)
    2.Allows to explain 'abnormal' behaviours eg Freud

Cons: 1.uses case studies eg thigpen, can't generalise eves mpd to someone else's.
    2.Gives an unscientific analysis eg Freud suggests Hans was going through the stages of Oedipus complex but you can't base his case on all young boys, making it subjective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arbaaz sayed)
    what is the aim of the reicher and haslam study?

what is the assupmtion of the psychodynamic approach and the pros and cons

also, could they ask about both the psychodynamic and behaviourist approaches in section c?

THANKSS
    The aim of Reicher and Haslam was to investigate tyranny and to examine the role of social, organisational and clinical factors in group behaviour.

Psychodynamic assumptions is that behaviour is due to our subconscious and that in order to have a healthy mental state, we need to resolve our inner conflicts.

Advantages:
    - psychologists can discover and investigate rare behaviour
    - useful- theories etc..
    - reliable- due to psychometric tests
    - explains different aspects of behaviour

Disadvantages
    - case studies- cannot generalise
    - unscientific- cannot measure unconscious mind. so unreliable
    - reductionist- doesnt take into account situational or biological factors
    - ethics
    - chance of demand characteristics
    - often historically or culturally based

OCR are unpredictable sometimes, so there's really no guarantee that they wont do that. However, behaviourist came up last year, so unlikely it will come up again this year.

ReputationRep:
    So dead.

Don't know:

Samuel&B's
    and the monkey one

ReputationRep:
    Half an hour! Good luck everyone! My teacher is like almost certain that psychodynamic and/or developmental is going to be on the paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    So dead.

Don't know:

Samuel&B's
    and the monkey one
    Does anyone know the monkey one?! I have already forgotten S&B's

Just remember to put everything in context...

ReputationRep:
    Well its over and done with. I am not all that optamistic. I just hope i have done enough to scrape a pass. A lot of figures I gave werent accurate.

Psychodynamic perspective came up, which is good but I let my self down a little

Section A, i probably got 80% of the marks, Section B i probably got 50% of the marks and Section C, maybe 60% of the marks. Hopefully that works out at a C/D. Is our psychological investigations paper combined with our core studies paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurenceJ96)
    Well its over and done with. I am not all that optamistic. I just hope i have done enough to scrape a pass. A lot of figures I gave werent accurate.

Psychodynamic perspective came up, which is good but I let my self down a little

Section A, i probably got 80% of the marks, Section B i probably got 50% of the marks and Section C, maybe 60% of the marks. Hopefully that works out at a C/D. Is our psychological investigations paper combined with our core studies paper?
    yeah it is

ReputationRep:
    for the 15-marker 'strengths and weakness in relation to ethical issues', do we need to include at least 1 ethical issue in the strength/weakness or the whole essay should
    focus on ethical issues??

ReputationRep:
    Well that's that. I'm not ecstatic with how it went but it was probably the best attempt I've ever done. SO happy the psychodynamic perspective came up and really glad piliavin came up because I remembered a lot.

There were a few section A questions like, the one about the sex of the models, and the cognitive alternatives question where I definitely let myself down. And probably more.

Really annoyed at OCR for making it basically an ethics paper too! I had so many more better answers ready that weren't about ethics. Just hoping I don't have to resit.

ReputationRep:
    It should focus on ethical issues entiiiiiiirely

ReputationRep:
    the 12 marks in reference to ethical issues was ass

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zacharyyyyyyyy)
    for the 15-marker 'strengths and weakness in relation to ethical issues', do we need to include at least 1 ethical issue in the strength/weakness or the whole essay should
    focus on ethical issues??
    The whole essay should be focused on ethical issues

ReputationRep:
    For the last question i basically just wrote bull**** but I found section B amazing, but some section A questions were ass

ReputationRep:
    Basically a whole paper on ethics! Section C is definitely my downfall there but feeling alright about Section B, I like Piliavin.

Also, can someone explain what the hell cognitive alternatives are?? Definitely lost 4 marks there haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olivia009)
    For the last question i basically just wrote bull**** but I found section B amazing, but some section A questions were ass
    dont say ass i say ass

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesyB97)
    Basically a whole paper on ethics! Section C is definitely my downfall there but feeling alright about Section B, I like Piliavin.

Also, can someone explain what the hell cognitive alternatives are?? Definitely lost 4 marks there haha
    Oh gosh same here! I remember learning it that's the thing but I just don't even remember what it is. All I could remember was legitimacy of roles, I wish it was that!

ReputationRep:
    It's so bad at how the whole paper was mainly focused one ethics, which is really bad, it is never representative to test someone on just A when in fact they've studied also A B and C, completely unrepresentative on OCRs behalf.

ReputationRep:
    GUYS! I have messed up badly on the last question on section c, i did not relate any of it to ethics do you think i will get any marks?

ReputationRep:
    Cognitive alternatives was where the 10th prisoner was introduced on day 7 to suggest cognitive alternatives to the other prisoners on new ideas, the trade unionist guy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jadder1224)
    GUYS! I have messed up badly on the last question on section c, i did not relate any of it to ethics do you think i will get any marks?
    I don't think so! It was an ethics question so positive and negative points on ethics, what did you write about!

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.