Turn on thread page Beta

People from United Kingdom I need your HELP!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!!!

I'm doing a work for my university (I'm studying English Philology), and I have to talk about "how young people speak/write in UK". So I will need (sorry for bothering you) that the people from the forum that are from UK just write here in this thread (or by MP) the city where you are from (because I will need to tell the location of the example that I will use), your age and your gender.

I thought that it would be interesting to find my own examples about the different features of youth language in some forums, because normally most of the people that participat in those places are not very old.

So I just need age, gender and city of people from United Kingdom.

Thanks a lot and sorry for bothering you!!!

Edit: Please vote in this poll that I created to know the age of the users of this forum. --> http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3320983 Thanks a lot!

Edit2: I won't write your nicknames, it will be completly anonymous. I will write something like; Volunteer1 or Anonymous1, something like that.

ReputationRep:
    21, Male and Birmingham

ReputationRep:
    Leicester, 19, Female

ReputationRep:
    15, Female, London

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    21, Male and Birmingham
    (Original post by channies)
    Leicester, 19, Female
    (Original post by Fia2k16)
    15, Female, London
    Thanks a lot guys!!!

I need more volunteers!

Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    Why are you called Valium Sky ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ValiumSky)
    Hi there!!!

I'm doing a work for my university (I'm studying English Philology), and I have to talk about "how young people speak/write in UK". So I will need (sorry for bothering you) that the people from the forum that are from UK just write here in this thread (or by MP) the city where you are from (because I will need to tell the location of the example that I will use), your age and your gender.

I thought that it would be interesting to find my own examples about the different features of youth language in some forums, because normally most of the people that participat in those places are not very old.

16, male, Luton.

ReputationRep:
    Cirencester, Female , 16

ReputationRep:
    15, Female, Belfast

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ValiumSky)
    Hi there!!!

18, Female, Plymouth

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    London, 15 and Female

ReputationRep:
    19 NIGERIA lols hahahahaahahah:albertein::centipe:

ReputationRep:
    London, 17, Male.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paladian)
    Why are you called Valium Sky ???
    It is the name of a song by The Verve, I'm very fan of them.

Thanks for helping guys!!

More vounteers please!! The more volunteers I can use in my work, the more possible it will be for me to pass it with a good mark. So thanks a lot!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    What's philology??

ReputationRep:
    Anyway. 20 female London

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stemmery)
    What's philology??
    I let you the meaning: Philology is the study of language in written historical sources; it is a combination of literary criticism, history, andlinguistics.[1] It is more commonly defined as the study of literary texts and written records, the establishment of their authenticity and their original form, and the determination of their meaning.

Thanks for helping!!!

ReputationRep:
    21, male, Reading.

ReputationRep:
    17, Female, Nottinghamshire

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot guys!! You are truly incredible!!!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.