Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

Ive been trying to write a personal statement recently and i just cannot do it. I didn't do any extra curricular activities and my grades werent that good for GCSE although they are predicted ABB- AAB at least. and I just dont know how to write my personal statement.
    Could anyone help me write it???
    Thank You
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maisikins)
    Hi everyone,

Ive been trying to write a personal statement recently and i just cannot do it. I didn't do any extra curricular activities and my grades werent that good for GCSE although they are predicted ABB- AAB at least. and I just dont know how to write my personal statement.
    Could anyone help me write it???
    Thank You
    xx
    What subject are you apply for?. To begin with try to think of why you want to study your chosen subject. Think about what interests and qualities you have that make you suited to study the subject. Could you try and get some relevant experience? even if its just a week or so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xlizx)
    What subject are you apply for?. To begin with try to think of why you want to study your chosen subject. Think about what interests and qualities you have that make you suited to study the subject. Could you try and get some relevant experience? even if its just a week or so.
    im applying for psychology!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maisikins)
    im applying for psychology!
    Have you read other Psychology person statements?, it may give you some inspiration.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...nal_Statements
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Try the PS builder tool (linked in my signature below). There's also an article on how to write a psychology PS linked down there

ReputationRep:
    I struggled writing my psychology personal statement last year too! Some ideas for things to include might be why you're interested in psychology/how your interest started, what modules you are interested in studying at uni & why, how your current subjects will help you at uni eg English may've improved your written communication skills & I mentioned work experience as well and made it relevant eg working in a nursery enabled me to notice how children thrived from individual attention... Hope this helps try not to worry about it too much, mine took me ages! Maybe ask teachers for feedback too, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any ideas for accounting and business/finance personal statement ideas
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Asha Wari)
    Does anyone have any ideas for accounting and business/finance personal statement ideas
    You need to explain why you want to study the subject, what your specific academic interests are and what you've done to get a better idea of the field. Try our PS Builder tool (see my sig).

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.