shan_shan96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
hi, im an irish student and i have accepted an offer for adult nursing in bucks for february intake. Im not sure what to do about accommodation as uxbridge does not have a halls of residence and i'm unsure as to what other steps i need to take in order to prepare. any help would be welcome. thanks in advance.

shannon
mowmita97
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by shan_shan96)
hi, im an irish student and i have accepted an offer for adult nursing in bucks for february intake. Im not sure what to do about accommodation as uxbridge does not have a halls of residence and i'm unsure as to what other steps i need to take in order to prepare. any help would be welcome. thanks in advance.

shannon
hi I've accepted an offer for adult nursing as well for February 2016, I wasn't sure where to apply but ended up applying for the halls in hughenden. Where did you apply for?
shan_shan96
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
[QUOTE=mowmita97;57859463]hi I've accepted an offer for adult nursing as well for February 2016, I wasn't sure where to apply but ended uip applying for the halls in hughenden. Where did you apply for?[/QUOTE

I havnt applied fir anywhere is that bad ?
Ruki00
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi, congrats on your place ☺️
I'm going to start feb 2016 too, I hope you've found a place?
I will be commuting from home, which is about 50 min drive so unfortunately I wouldn't be able to advise you in terms of accommodation. A friend of mine mentioned you could try looking on sparerooms.co.uk? Good luck with your search.
mowmita97
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i gave the university a call and apparently they are going to send me an email in december/january time, so that i can apply for accommodation for february 2016. Is anyone else applying for accommodation for february 2016?
nursestudent.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi I am a student nurse about to go onto year 2 of Adult Nursing.I have realised how important and valuable it is to talk to fellow studentnurses and midwives so I have created a new website especially for us! Please go to nursestudent.co.uk Help each other, progress together!

xx
Attached files
thenextchemist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Which nursing is more in demand?
adult nursing, child nursing, learning disability nursing or mental health nursing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
helenarooney
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by shan_shan96)

shannon
Hey, I'm from Ireland too and I'm starting Adult Nursing in Bucks in February as well! I'm in the same boat as you, have you got your accommodation sorted? I'm not sure whether to choose the halls in High Wycombe or one of the houses that the college manage in Uxbridge.. I think the meet and greet day is on november/december so we'll all be able to meet up before we start! Do you know anyone going over?
kadija_begum
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mowmita97)
i gave the university a call and apparently they are going to send me an email in december/january time, so that i can apply for accommodation for february 2016. Is anyone else applying for accommodation for february 2016?
So it'll be best if we wait till then to apply ? I will be starting in Feb 2016. Not sure what accommodation to choose

Posted from TSR Mobile
mowmita97
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kadija_begum)
So it'll be best if we wait till then to apply ? I will be starting in Feb 2016. Not sure what accommodation to choose

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah just wait for them to email you. I honestly think that the accommodation there is expensive, so unless you have enough money, brook street is the best option for the first year (about £400 a month)
Jess.2244
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mowmita97)
I am Not sure where to even start though, waiting on the email also
kadija_begum
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Where will you guys be staying? Those who will be studying adult nursing, will you stay in the uxbridge campus or high Wycombe ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jess.2244
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Where will you guys be staying? Those who will be studying adult nursing, will you stay in the uxbridge campus or high Wycombe ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
High Wycombe
kadija_begum
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How does it cost to stay at uxbridge ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jess.2244
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How does it cost to stay at uxbridge ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I cant remember exactly but when I was at interview I asked one of the current students and she told me and it was more then what halls was costing
kadija_begum
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Facebook group guys join link is-
https://m.facebook.com/groups/538538...?ref=bookmarks

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (220)
43.65%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (57)
11.31%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.74%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.03%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.91%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.36%

Watched Threads