Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello there
    I'm new here anyway I'm a gcse student next year I am taking double English, higher math, triple science , geogrophay, ict, Arabic, I have a choice between business studies and art I'm good in both to be honest so can you please help me decide since I'm not familiar with gcse. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for business studies. Art is so time consuming; it'll have a major impact on your other subjects as you'll have to spend all your time on art.

Dont do art

ReputationRep:
    So is business studies worth going for?

I do business and art, and basically Business is just common sense.

Art takes up so much time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mareyak)
    I do business and art, and basically Business is just common sense.

Art takes up so much time.
    Thanx for your support but don't you think that my subjects are tough or they are ok?

ReputationRep:
    Do business studies. You already have good subjects which you will need to spend time on and if you do art most of that time will be spent on art which in the long run won't really benefit you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum623)
    Do business studies. You already have good subjects which you will need to spend time on and if you do art most of that time will be spent on art which in the long run won't really benefit you.
    Thank you so much if you are a gcse student is gcse hard or is it a study achieve type. Our teachers scare us a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaikha241019_)
    Thank you so much if you are a gcse student is gcse hard or is it a study achieve type. Our teachers scare us a lot
    I'm currently doing my exams. It depends how good you are with subjects and how much effort you put in. As long as you work hard and make sure you understand everything it will be fine

ReputationRep:
    Art is very time consuming but I see that the people who take art improve their skills so much, although it takes time you might enjoy it.
    Business studies may be good for you, however it's seen as an "easy" or "lazy" subject. But if you don't mind what it's seen as then go for it.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much it's good that business was my first choice. And I don't care what people think about business studies it's not easy it's more than 40 units!

ReputationRep:
    GCSE is quite a big step up from KS3 work, I'm not going to lie. You absolutely need to put in the work needed from the first day of year 10 or you'll stuggle when actual exam time comes (I'm struggling right now from being lazy through the whole of year 10). As long as you keep on top of homework and go through material you've learned that day at home, you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    Wow against art ???
    I did art I can't draw didn't take up much time and got a b lol
    Saying that I spose everyone wants a* these days lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaikha241019_)
    Hello there
    I'm new here anyway I'm a gcse student next year I am taking double English, higher math, triple science , geogrophay, ict, Arabic, I have a choice between business studies and art I'm good in both to be honest so can you please help me decide since I'm not familiar with gcse. Thank you
    Hi,
    Think of what you would like to do in the future...if you would like to continue doing art at a-level then art would be more useful and likewise with business...

Also, the other subjects youve chosen, they are very structured...if your looking for something flexible, reyires no revisiom then its art but if you like exms then business is the more bettrr of the two...

All the best and good luck

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.