Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone post any of their answers that they remember please I really want to check them against my answers. I thought the structure and layout of the paper was a bit strange ngl

ReputationRep:
    For the balance sheet I got it to balance at 110973/110937 (can't remember which way round) and the last one with the ammended profit something like 26650

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the layout was very strange. Compared to other past papers, it almost seems unfair because it seemed so complex.

ReputationRep:
    I thought apart from the balance sheet overall it was not as bad compared to others but that is my personal opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilysmithhh)
    For the balance sheet I got it to balance at 110973/110937 (can't remember which way round) and the last one with the ammended profit something like 26650
    Yeah I got a very similar answer, however I was only £5 between the 2. No idea where the £5 difference was from though.

ReputationRep:
    How about the suspense account?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsrlaw)
    Yeah, the layout was very strange. Compared to other past papers, it almost seems unfair because it seemed so complex.
    Yeah I completely agree

ReputationRep:
    i got a 650 debit balance in the suspense account

ReputationRep:
    I didn't even balance it off I completely blanked! What did you write about in the written question?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't even balance it off I completely blanked! What did you write about in the written question?

just what accruals and prepayments were, what affect they have, the importance of having a trial balance figure that represents the current financial period blah blah blah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kathan30)
    just what accruals and prepayments were, what affect they have, the importance of having a trial balance figure that represents the current financial period blah blah blah
    Okay that makes me feel a lot better about that, I still can't believe how different the layout was to usual!

ReputationRep:
    Okay that makes me feel a lot better about that, I still can't believe how different the layout was to usual!

Yh it was unusual however with a bit of thought it was duable; i think the only question i am worried about it the first part of question 2 just because of how unorthodox it was.

ReputationRep:
    Yh it was unusual however with a bit of thought it was duable; i think the only question i am worried about it the first part of question 2 just because of how unorthodox it was.
    Was that the transfer to the income statement bit?

ReputationRep:
    Was that the transfer to the income statement bit?
    yhyh it was

ReputationRep:
    yhyh it was
    It annoyed me how it wasn't in the same order on both pages :-(

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.