Turn on thread page Beta

HEC Paris Msc Intl. Finance vs. LSE Msc. Accounting & Finance watch

• View Poll Results: HEC Paris Msc International Finance vs LSE Msc Accounting and Finance?
    HEC Paris Msc Int'l Finance
    0%
    LSE Msc Acc & Fin
    100.00%
    You can't compare the two courses.
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Hi everybody,

so whilst I know that the HEC Paris vs. LSE debate has been posted on TSR before, I havn't been able to find a comparison between HEC Paris' Msc International Finance and LSE's Accounting and Finance yet.

I would like to go into bulge-bracket IB (DCM, ECM or M&A, maybe trading) or PE/AM in London and was wondering what the general consensus would be with regards to the two courses mentioned above in order to get a job in London with an outlook to go to Asia at some point?

So dear TSR readers, if you could post a reply with either HEC or LSE and a short sentence explaining the reasoning that would be greatly appreciated.

My preconceptions are that both unis have equally good placing ability in London, but that being in London with LSE will allow you to network better etc. Employers might not view the Msc Acc & Fin as favourably as the Msc International Finance as it focuses more on accounting and is not as selective as LSE's Msc Finance course, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

The Msc Finance program at HEC also seems to be more structured and they seem to take better care of their students (care more about placing them), however if anybody has experience of LSE please comment.

Finally, please don't focus on the difference in cost as I want to compare the two programs solely on the success in getting my desired job.

Thanks!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 12, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.