The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Arsenal v Lyon / Wolfsburg in a couple weeks :love:
Original post by Rk2k14
Cesc was a true professional. Nasri was a child.

Nasri didn't fake injury unlike the snake.

http://metro.co.uk/2011/05/23/cesc-fabregas-suffers-arsenal-fans-twitter-fury-over-spanish-gp-trip-27844/

Yeah our club captain. Very professional.
Original post by Stefano93
Apparently Wenger has wanted Cesc back since 2012, don't know how true that is but when a guy who inherently adores Arsenal, even says some **** like "you have the right to kill me if you see me in a Chelsea shirt" then pisses on the club he was raised on for more p, you have to love the guy off for him to boy us off like that.
Anyway I would have liked Alex Song back

Cesc was given to Wenger on a silver plate last summer. There was absolutely NOTHING Chelsea could have done to stop the move seeing as we had the right to clause.
Snesc :rofl:
Original post by angelfox

They forced it on him and he immediately took it off
Original post by sevchenko
Snesc :rofl:

:rofl:
Original post by difeo
They forced it on him and he immediately took it off

The fact that they even put it on him, shows that they knew he wanted out.
Still angers me that our fans applauded Cesc off. Disgusting, we should have been going all Luis Figo on him.
The fact that they even put it on him, shows that they knew he wanted out.

Shows they wanted him
Meh, I can't be alone in not being able to hate Fabregas like everyone seems to do now. He was always a very likeable player during his time with us and it was great to see him develop into a world class player. I was gutted when he went to Barca, but I fully understood why he did it and appreciated the great times he had with us that made up for this. The Chelsea move was hard to stomach, but I just have too many fond memories of his brilliance with us to hate him in any sense. I'm a bit indifferent to him now really.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by difeo
Shows they wanted him

He never told them to shut up when they were courting him...
Original post by midnightice
Meh, I can't be alone in not being able to hate Fabregas like everyone seems to do now. He always a very likeable player during his time with us and it was great to see him develop into a world class player. I was gutted when he went to Barca, but I fully understood why he did it and appreciated the great times he had with us that made up for this. The Chelsea move was hard to stomach, but I just have too many fond memories of his brilliance with us to hate him in any sense. I'm a bit indifferent to him now really.

Got to admit him bottling in the second half of seasons was pretty funny looking back, peak of the banter years.
He never told them to shut up when they were courting him...

Well yeah obviously he wanted to go but can't really blame him for the shirt incident
Apparently Wenger has wanted Cesc back since 2012, don't know how true that is but when a guy who inherently adores Arsenal, even says some **** like "you have the right to kill me if you see me in a Chelsea shirt" then pisses on the club he was raised on for more p, you have to love the guy off for him to boy us off like that.
Anyway I would have liked Alex Song back

Can anyone link me a legitimate video or source for that? First time I saw it I looked around for it and couldn't find anything beyond fan tweets or rumours. Maybe Cesc was just trying to deflect hate, but he did seem like he wanted to come back to us, he just couldn't for some reason, be it Barca or Wenger or w/e.

Song would be nice, we could still theoretically get him if we offer Barca ~£20m, although West Ham might have priority after getting him on loan.
The only reason everyone is still talk over cesc, nasri and rvp is because they know they all made the right moves for their careers
Original post by leinad2012
The only reason everyone is still talk over cesc, nasri and rvp is because they know they all made the right moves for their careers

#banter

Cesc to Barca and RVP to United is very questionable. Both were essentially duped. Their time at Barca/Utd isn't what they expected
Arsenal v Lyon / Wolfsburg in a couple weeks :love:

I'm going to the Sunday game vs Wolfsburg, but yeah can't wait :biggrin:

Nasri's never said a bad word about Wenger or Arsenal as a club, just against the fans. Rightly so, he admitted he left for money, and has won trophies at City and got a larger pay packet.
Snesc basically stabbed Wenger in the back. He went on strike FFS, left before his peak years. If Barca really was his dream he would have fought for it, not gone running back to London.

Nasri mocked the fans mercilessly, even when he played for us he complained about them. Even the least professional player in our team now (probably Szczesny) would know better than to be such a vile ****. Nasri is going to move to some French or Qatari team and will be making headlines for complaining about City, I guarantee it, his attitude is disgusting, and Blanc (?) recognised it. Nasri plays for money which is something I can never support, regardless of the player. Cesc moved to Barca because he wanted them, and they wanted him, then moved to Chelsea because they could promise good football, and because we rejected him. Something clearly went wrong at Barca, because in his last season he played virtually every game, so it's not as if he had a lack of football. When something messes up behind the scenes like that, you cant 'fight for your dream', especially not at a ruthless business like Barca, who can just buy another WC talent whenever they want.

Nasri, yes, but Cesc and RvP were on the cusp of becoming Arsenal legends. Van Persie threw away legend status for one league title, but Cesc got a lot more out of his move, winning numerous titles and accolades (both in La Liga and here).

Latest