The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tom.x.Gotze
We will have a gameplan because its Jose. Whether it works or not is another matter. Wenger is not totally dumb.

And p.s. my conclusion on both Cazorla and Ozil is that they are both fair weather players. Actually think that Giroud is unfairly treated because he can't really score in big games if his supply is not up to scratch. Logically speaking, I think he is good enough to finish against the best teams now. He has proven himself able to do so.

The whole point of Cazorla and Ozil being in the team is that they dictate the tempo of the game (transitions, pre-assists etc) and play the incisive passes, which to be honest they have largely failed to do against big teams. Love Ozil, but fair is fair. They disappear and when they do the play of the team becomes disjointed because we are so reliant on their playmaking ability.

That's an interesting point but a fair one tbh. If santi and ozil aren't making chances then how can Giroud finish them? That being said he's prone to missing sitters in big games so it can't only be that.

Gab has to start next weekend, but I really have no idea who I'd pick on wings and at CM.

At least we're guaranteed to see Sanchez end Ivanovic's career once and for all.
We have to go there and play out of our skin, it's a derby, no free wins in these games. With Gabriel, Kos, Coquelin and Cech I am confident we have the best defence we have had since the invincibles.

The Cech signing alone justifies this statement. You've had some absolutely shocking defences since 2004.
Original post by Stefano93
How we feeling about Dinamo Zagreb boys and girls?

The only notable names in their squad are Croatia international defender Schildenfeld and ex United striker Henriquez. Nullify them and arsenal will coast to victory
Original post by sr90
The Cech signing alone justifies this statement. You've had some absolutely shocking defences since 2004.

:lol:

:lol:

Lmao, what year was that? Never seen that before
Original post by sr90
Lmao, what year was that? Never seen that before

2010, dark ages man. Fabianski and Squillaci at the heart of our defence. Djourou came on as sub when Squillaci killed Koscielny :lol:.
Still a mystery how we beat Barca with Djourou and Eboue in our back 4. An even bigger mystery is how I stayed alive celebrating Arshavin's goal.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Still a mystery how we beat Barca with Djourou and Eboue in our back 4. An even bigger mystery is how I stayed alive celebrating Arshavin's goal.

It's the go to video after a hard loss, so many snake's but Arsene be the snake whisperer that day, that Arshavin goal got me running round the living shouting "barcalona who" with the more than occasional voice crack. Dayum good times :biggrin:

An even bigger mystery is how you didn't win the title that year. We won five away games all season and had like 80 points ffs.

Completely bottled it post League Cup and Fergie trolling you with 7 defenders in our XI for a cup match.
Original post by leinad2012
It's the go to video after a hard loss, so many snake's but Arsene be the snake whisperer that day, that Arshavin goal got me running round the living shouting "barcalona who" with the more than occasional voice crack. Dayum good times :biggrin:

Was at the tender age of 13. Didn't stop me from falling down rows in the clock end :biggrin:
Original post by sr90
An even bigger mystery is how you didn't win the title that year. We won five away games all season and had like 80 points ffs.

Completely bottled it post League Cup and Fergie trolling you with 7 defenders in our XI for a cup match.

Biggest 2 turning points in our season were the 4-4 against Newcastle and the League Cup final. If we had won both those games I'm convinced we would have won the league. Another point on the long list of things Arsene Wenger should have been sacked for.
Wish I'd been there, friend of mine got tickets, never been so jealous before
Original post by sr90
You must be confident on current form. Other than the 5-3 I can't remember Arsenal winning at SB in god knows how many years...

Nah not confident at all. Not sure if their loss was a good thing.

Original post by Stefano93
How we feeling about Dinamo Zagreb boys and girls?

No excitement for CL now that I can't watch it live anymore :erm:
Biggest 2 turning points in our season were the 4-4 against Newcastle and the League Cup final. If we had won both those games I'm convinced we would have won the league. Another point on the long list of things Arsene Wenger should have been sacked for.

Wenger should have walked after the FA Cup win. You're stuck with him now.
What happened in the second leg guys? Guys? Lads? Anyone?
Original post by The Shed End
What happened in the second leg guys? Guys? Lads? Anyone?

Nearly an hour and no bites. Must be a record.
Nearly an hour and no bites. Must be a record.

Ain't he committin' the ultimate apostasy

The biggest mistake was giving that rat Fabregas the captain's armband, bloke showed no leadership in hour of need.

Would have been quite interesting how things had turned out though in the long run had we won the Carling Cup. We would have still had to sell players due to the financial policy at that time.

So many 'what if' moments though from that season -
what if Diaby hadn't got sent off at Newcastle?

What if Koscielny and Szc hadn't collied?

What if Bendtner had taken THAT chance in the Nou Camp?
Original post by angelfox
The biggest mistake was giving that rat Fabregas the captain's armband, bloke showed no leadership in hour of need.

No leadership bar taking and scoring a penalty vs his boyhood club with a broken leg.

Original post by The Shed End
No leadership bar taking and scoring a penalty vs his boyhood club with a broken leg.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1348510/Cesc-Fabregass-captaincy-questioned-Arsenals-Denilson.html

#DEAD

Latest