The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yep and we're only 1 place worse off than before the game. Could've been still fourth had West Ham not won (cause let's face it, this team is one manager away from the title)

What are Wenger's options should the injury crisis worsen? Recall Akpom and Hayden?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by shawn_o1
Yep and we're only 1 place worse off than before the game. Could've been still fourth had West Ham not won (cause let's face it, this team is one manager away from the title)

What are Wenger's options should the injury crisis worsen? Recall Akpom and Hayden?

Position in the table means nothing aside from compared to where United, City, Chelsea and Liverpool (LOL just messing) are. Right now we're ahead of 2 of them and only 5 off top after a tough start.Injury crisis? What crisis there isn't one? Only real injuries right now are Wilshere and Coq potentially in no means is it a crisis. We're sat here moaning about injuries when 1st place city finished last nights game with none of their regular back 4 and have had at least 2 injuries in the back 4 all season. Only difference is they have strength in depth where we have Debuchy, Chambers, Gibbs and Arteta all of whom should be doing a LOT better than they have.
Reply 7322
Original post by angelfox
He's got to go.

Imo we've got 4 very talented footballers who could be elite - Ramsey, Wilshere, Ozil and Alexis.

One of them is being harmed by Wenger through his training and him overplaying.

The others are all failing because of the system that Wenger goes with.

Have you seen an Arsenal training session? Do you know which drills Wenger makes his team carry out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Imagine still thinking Wilshere can be world class
Original post by e aí rapaz
The mods don't do anything about it because apparently it's football "banter" and all part of the "fun" of the football forum. :rolleyes:

But when we do do something about it we get bashed for turning it into a 'nanny state' :rolleyes: and by 'we' I mean 'I'. Isn't it @The Shed End

Disclaimer- That was said in jest calm down. Thread is gonna be cleaned up however :h:
Reply 7325
Original post by SA-1
Have you seen an Arsenal training session? Do you know which drills Wenger makes his team carry out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I copied this from a forum a few years ago and I forgot what the site was. But I googled some sentences and found pdf and odt files which presumably contain the same information. Not sure how authentic the information is, though obviously at the time I thought it was interesting enough to retain it. Arsene Wenger's training methods

Spoiler

AFAIK, training methods can lead to injuries if there is not sufficient strength and conditioning, which is up to the club but probably also partly up to the players.
Original post by leinad2012
Yes, except that's not how retrospective bans work is it? Neither were injured so it's a completely different scenario. The ban would start from the next game and thus wouldn't matter, and if they postponed it til after injury you'd just say he's not injured when he is. You really are a dense **** sometimes aren't you :wink:

Except your original point still is pretty irrelevant because you still see players who get booked/sent off when they are treates by the medical team or even when being stretchered off.

And I'm sure FIFA, UEFA, and the FA would have some kind of system in place to guard against that kind of thing, what benefit does a club have from doing that by risking being found to actively cheat the system. It's no different from a player being inelegible to play in for example the first game of the next seasons Champions League with a ban carried over from the previous year. That said, I appreciate you calling me profanities, shows that you know you're argument doesn't hold too much weight and so you have to get a little bit #desperate.

You'reso clearly trying to detract from the fact you know Wilshere should have banned for his headbutt, got fortunate that the ref missed it (but you don't mention it when complaining about other ref's decisions ofc) - even though you did somehow manage to lose that game.

And if you were to not ban Wilshere for what he did because he got injured afterwards, then what is even the point giving him a booking etc in the first place?
Original post by SA-1

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why is it then that in the 54 weeks Danny Welbeck has been an Arsenal player, he has missed more games through injury as an Arsenal player than he was the 7 years he was a pro at Man Utd?

Ozil heard a crack in his knee, and yet still played through.

Wenger's a danger to the players ffs.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
But when we do do something about it we get bashed for turning it into a 'nanny state' :rolleyes: and by 'we' I mean 'I'. Isn't it @The Shed End

Disclaimer- That was said in jest calm down. Thread is gonna be cleaned up however :h:

If there are laws in real life, why shouldn't there be laws on the internet?
Original post by shawn_o1
If there are laws in real life, why shouldn't there be laws on the internet?

Not discussing it here, doing as much as we can :h:
Anyway, has Wenger's training methods ever been questioned by the players?
Christ, laws of the internet? They're called forum rules, and everyone has been following them - even me. Just because someone posted something you don't agree with, doesn't make them a troll.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Not discussing it here, doing as much as we can :h:

Ignore him, you and @Sr90 Sucks BBC are doing a fine job:wink:
Some people are just #salty

About laws of the internet.
This is TSR bich. We run dis **** to the ground.:cool:
(edited 8 years ago)
23 Sep - Football League Cup Third roundTottenhamvs19:45Arsenal26 Sep - Premier LeagueLeicester Cityvs15:00Arsenal29 Sep - Champions League Group stageArsenalvs19:45Olympiacos4 Oct - Premier LeagueArsenalvs16:00Man United17 Oct - Premier LeagueWatfordvs17:30Arsenal20 Oct - Champions League Group stageArsenalvs19:45Bayern Munich24 Oct - Premier LeagueArsenalvs17:30Everton31 Oct - Premier LeagueSwansea Cityvs15:00Arsenal4 Nov - Champions League Group stageBayern Munichvs19:45Arsenal8 Nov - Premier LeagueArsenalvs16:00Tottenham21 Nov - Premier LeagueWest Bromvs15:00Arsenal

Scenes when you win about 3 games in the next 2 months

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Lel.
30 Sep- Man United vs 19:45 Wolfsburg
4 Oct - Premier League Arsenal vs 16:00 Man United
17 Oct - Premier League Everton vs 15:00 Man United
21 Oct - Champions League Group stage CSKA Moscow vs 19:45 Man United
25 Oct - Premier League Man United vs 14:05 Man City
Original post by The Shed End
Except your original point still is pretty irrelevant because you still see players who get booked/sent off when they are treates by the medical team or even when being stretchered off.

And I'm sure FIFA, UEFA, and the FA would have some kind of system in place to guard against that kind of thing, what benefit does a club have from doing that by risking being found to actively cheat the system. It's no different from a player being inelegible to play in for example the first game of the next seasons Champions League with a ban carried over from the previous year. That said, I appreciate you calling me profanities, shows that you know you're argument doesn't hold too much weight and so you have to get a little bit #desperate.

You'reso clearly trying to detract from the fact you know Wilshere should have banned for his headbutt, got fortunate that the ref missed it (but you don't mention it when complaining about other ref's decisions ofc) - even though you did somehow manage to lose that game.

And if you were to not ban Wilshere for what he did because he got injured afterwards, then what is even the point giving him a booking etc in the first place?

It's completely different as the extent of the injury isn't known at that time, it was pretty apparent within the day of the injury that it was serious and he'd be out for a fair while. Was it a red, definitely, I won't argue about that. But it wouldn't have mattered as at the time and AS OF NOW, suspensions aren't postponed for injury so it would have made absolutely zero difference.

Also, I'm 99% certain that the incident WAS seen by the referee so retrospective action CANNOT by the law of the game be taken, whereas the Costa incident yesterday slapping Kosc in the face WASN'T so retrospective action it CAN be taken....
Original post by leinad2012
It's completely different as the extent of the injury isn't known at that time, it was pretty apparent within the day of the injury that it was serious and he'd be out for a fair while. Was it a red, definitely, I won't argue about that. But it wouldn't have mattered as at the time and AS OF NOW, suspensions aren't postponed for injury so it would have made absolutely zero difference.

Also, I'm 99% certain that the incident WAS seen by the referee so retrospective action CANNOT by the law of the game be taken, whereas the Costa incident yesterday slapping Kosc in the face WASN'T so retrospective action it CAN be taken....

Could be wrong, but I thought the rule changed at the start of last season that the ref didnt have to see the incident for the FA to to act retrospectively or something like that, in reaction to the Mcmanaman Hiadara incident a few years back where a clear red was only a yellow and he couldnt be banned after.

Thats another reason why Costa was banned after the league cup game against Liverpool, because was already on a yellow, not that the "stamp" on Skrtel was anything like intentional as Sky made it out to be, but the Can one was worthy of a card. Then there was the whole "Costa crimes" sky sports campaign, which because they now hold so much influence, basically made it impossible for the FA not to act.

Still doesn't stop them having double standards though. My point was just that Arsenal fans shouldnt be pushing for a ban for Costa when they've had players go unpunished for similar, whilst its still not as if Arsenal players were saints on saturday either. Surrounding the ref and all that like we've been victimised in the past for...

:wink:
Some people on here must have short memories because I remember Arsenal used to have the dirtiest team in the league by a country mile. Keown, Vieira, Petit, Parlour etc. When we played them at their own game they didn't like it and played the victim card.

Their disciplinary record in Wenger's early years was atrocious. Remember one season where they had a player sent off in the first 2-3 games.
Swear I read some stat in Twitter taking about Arsenal having on of the worst PL records.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Shed End
Could be wrong, but I thought the rule changed at the start of last season that the ref didnt have to see the incident for the FA to to act retrospectively or something like that, in reaction to the Mcmanaman Hiadara incident a few years back where a clear red was only a yellow and he couldnt be banned after.

Thats another reason why Costa was banned after the league cup game against Liverpool, because was already on a yellow, not that the "stamp" on Skrtel was anything like intentional as Sky made it out to be, but the Can one was worthy of a card. Then there was the whole "Costa crimes" sky sports campaign, which because they now hold so much influence, basically made it impossible for the FA not to act.

Still doesn't stop them having double standards though. My point was just that Arsenal fans shouldnt be pushing for a ban for Costa when they've had players go unpunished for similar, whilst its still not as if Arsenal players were saints on saturday either. Surrounding the ref and all that like we've been victimised in the past for...

:wink:

I think you're right actually the rule was changed last season. Again though, a ban would not have changed the number of games Wilshere played as he was injured.
Yep, because fans are going to be pushing for bans on their own players... at the time I remember saying I wouldn't be upset with a ban for him and that he deserved one, but no one will actively push for a ban on their own player and you know that.

Latest