The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Shed End
IMG_20150524_205733.jpg

All these flavours and you choose salty.

You've won the title but all you want to do is goad Arsenal fans about a player who left years ago?

What a strange person you are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Peggles_*
You've won the title but all you want to do is goad Arsenal fans about a player who left years ago?

What a strange person you are.

Posted from TSR Mobile

it's not banter, it's inflammatory. Designed to cause "maximum damage"
These Vidal rumours are not even funny :colonhash:
Could you imagine :coma:
Original post by Stefano93
Could you imagine :coma:

As good as it would be, it won't happen.

United fans spent all last summer thinking they were going to get him, now it's us. Won't be surprised if it's City fans next season!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 905
Original post by Peggles_*
As good as it would be, it won't happen.

United fans spent all last summer thinking they were going to get him, now it's us. Won't be surprised if it's City fans next season!

Posted from TSR Mobile

But are they really going to get both Gundogan and Vidal?
Reply 906
Original post by AR_95
But are they really going to get both Gundogan and Vidal?

Nah I think the Gundagon rumours are placing the Vidal ones for them. Can see them ending up with someone like Strootman tbh.

If we were to get Vidal then that would mean a midfielder is going, and it'll probably be Santi. It's a shame really, I really like Santi and he's often dictated our play especially when the likes of Ozil go missing.

If Wenger has been content with our squad through previous transfer windows and **** knows if he'll even look at players this summer. The squad is too good for someone like Wenger to want to change.
Vidal can do Coq's role but he is a box to box, If we get him how an earth will Cazorla, Ramsey, Wilshere, and Ozil play central ? let alone Rosicky, Diaby, Flamini, Arteta and youth wanting a chance. I really don't like it when we play with no width.

My line up for fa cup:

Walcott
Sanchez Ramsey Ozil
Cazorla Coquelin
Monreal Kosc BFG Bellerin
Szczersny

Subs: Giroud, Wilshere and OX if we are struggling or Giroud, Rosicky and Gabriel to see out the game.
Original post by SA-1
Nah I think the Gundagon rumours are placing the Vidal ones for them. Can see them ending up with someone like Strootman tbh.

If we were to get Vidal then that would mean a midfielder is going, and it'll probably be Santi. It's a shame really, I really like Santi and he's often dictated our play especially when the likes of Ozil go missing.

If Wenger has been content with our squad through previous transfer windows and **** knows if he'll even look at players this summer. The squad is too good for someone like Wenger to want to change.

No way wenger would let Santi go unless Santi wants to leave, I rather see Diaby, Flamini, Arteta leave so then,

Ramsey v Wilshere v Coquelin
Vidal v Cazorla v Coquelin

Since Ozil is crucial player their are only two central places for the 5 to fight for, sounds harsh but knowing Arsenal's history Rambo and Wilshere tend to get injured.
Reply 909
Original post by Jgco2chem
Vidal can do Coq's role but he is a box to box, If we get him how an earth will Cazorla, Ramsey, Wilshere, and Ozil play central ? let alone Rosicky, Diaby, Flamini, Arteta and youth wanting a chance. I really don't like it when we play with no width.

My line up for fa cup:

Walcott
Sanchez Ramsey Ozil
Cazorla Coquelin
Monreal Kosc BFG Bellerin
Szczersny

Subs: Giroud, Wilshere and OX if we are struggling or Giroud, Rosicky and Gabriel to see out the game.

People say that but lets be real here, providing we stay injury free (and I do see our injury problems behind us), Flamini, Arteta and Rosicky will barely get game time even if we don't sign another central midfielder. Diaby is out of the question.

Realistically, if we were to get Vidal, someone out of Coq and Cazorla will be dropped and even that's with rotation. Since Vidal plays box to box he can easily play if we need a goal (see vs Reading second half). Thing is, the game time for Santi will be reduced a lot which will probably be a problem for him since he's such a good player.
Reply 910
Original post by SA-1

Original post by Jgco2chem

I would sell Cazorla if it meant we were to get Vidal. We still have Ozil so it wouldn't be a huge loss at all. I get he's a B2B more so then a pure DM like Coquelin, which is why I'd feel he'd be a good partner to Coquelin in that sense. If Coquelin is not to play then a midfield of Ramsey Vidal wouldn't be the worst idea either. Have to remember that Coquelin is still quite limited and I'd rather use him in certain games then for him to be our #1 option throughout the season, e.g big games we need to set up defensively or just as an impact sub to slow the game down. For that CDM role all we have is Coquelin and Flamini/Arteta. I would get rid of Flamini, but use Arteta as a 3rd option when needed. He's not the worst of players, but not much we could have done in 2014 when his legs had gone.

Still think we need a winger. At the moment it seems like we've only got Alexis who's nailed on for the wing. Ramsey, Ox to me seem like they'd much better suit the middle. We're overly stacked in the middle I guess. Which is why I wouldn't be against selling the likes of Cazorla, because we'll be just fine without him. Players like Diaby, Arteta and Rosicky should not even be considered when we're talking about those fighting for a spot in the 1st XI.

Also if we swap back to 4231:

Giroud
Alexis Ozil Walcott
Ramsey Vidal

There's space to be made.

Original post by SA-1
Realistically, if we were to get Vidal, someone out of Coq and Cazorla will be dropped and even that's with rotation. Since Vidal plays box to box he can easily play if we need a goal (see vs Reading second half). Thing is, the game time for Santi will be reduced a lot which will probably be a problem for him since he's such a good player.

I wouldn't say less game time for Cazorla would be a problem. It would give Ozil more of a creative role then what he currently has, and at the age of 30 I can only see him declining from this season.
Plus we saw when and why Cazorla spurred his brilliant form this season, it was because Ozil had returned to the side on form and Cazorla had to fight for his place. A bit of competition would be healthy
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 911
Vidal aint coming to Arsenal those are just some made up rumors if you look at it realistically it's not going to happen
Reply 912
Original post by al_94
Vidal aint coming to Arsenal those are just some made up rumors if you look at it realistically it's not going to happen

He most likely wont. But the point being made is that we can make space for a player of his quality/position in the squad instead of saying there's no room.
Reply 913
Original post by AR_95
I would sell Cazorla if it meant we were to get Vidal. We still have Ozil so it wouldn't be a huge loss at all. I get he's a B2B more so then a pure DM like Coquelin, which is why I'd feel he'd be a good partner to Coquelin in that sense. If Coquelin is not to play then a midfield of Ramsey Vidal wouldn't be the worst idea either. Have to remember that Coquelin is still quite limited and I'd rather use him in certain games then for him to be our #1 option throughout the season, e.g big games we need to set up defensively or just as an impact sub to slow the game down. For that CDM role all we have is Coquelin and Flamini/Arteta. I would get rid of Flamini, but use Arteta as a 3rd option when needed. He's not the worst of players, but not much we could have done in 2014 when his legs had gone.

Still think we need a winger. At the moment it seems like we've only got Alexis who's nailed on for the wing. Ramsey, Ox to me seem like they'd much better suit the middle. We're overly stacked in the middle I guess. Which is why I wouldn't be against selling the likes of Cazorla, because we'll be just fine without him.

I've actually enjoyed Jack from the right, he's much better than Ramsey there - who's obviously much better through the middle.

We do need a CDM, someone different to Coq so we can change the style of our play whenever we need to. Taking off Coq for Vidal or Ramsey or visa versa makes a huge difference to our game play. Coq would probably be content with being a squad player, who I can see us using a lot (especially in the bigger games).

If we do get a winger that would probably mean we won't get a striker. It would mean that we would rotate Giroud and Theo upfront, and Welbeck and the new winger on the left. If Theo becomes more consistent and doesn't get injured so often then we wouldn't really need a striker, we would get enough goals from him, Giroud, Sanchez and Ramsey.

Ideally we should get:

Winger or striker
CDM
First team GK
Young LB

Then we'll have a healthy competition in just about every position
Even if we don't get Vidal, someone like Lars Bender/Carvalho/Kondogbia would fit the bill;

i.e.

Coq Bender
Alexis Ozil Walcott
(striker) - don't want Giroud playing upfront next season if we do purchase a striker.

In terms of priority, for me it's a DM,ST,GK.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 915
Original post by SA-1
I've actually enjoyed Jack from the right, he's much better than Ramsey there - who's obviously much better through the middle.

We do need a CDM, someone different to Coq so we can change the style of our play whenever we need to. Taking off Coq for Vidal or Ramsey or visa versa makes a huge difference to our game play. Coq would probably be content with being a squad player, who I can see us using a lot (especially in the bigger games).

If we do get a winger that would probably mean we won't get a striker. It would mean that we would rotate Giroud and Theo upfront, and Welbeck and the new winger on the left. If Theo becomes more consistent and doesn't get injured so often then we wouldn't really need a striker, we would get enough goals from him, Giroud, Sanchez and Ramsey.

Ideally we should get:

Winger or striker
CDM
First team GK
Young LB

Then we'll have a healthy competition in just about every position

Good thing about Jack is he could fit well in both the middle and wing, where as Ramsey may be limited to the centre. I don't think they should both play together though.
Wrt Coquelin, I think he'll appreciate his place in the side as opposed to almost being sold to a Championship team or lower. I would still rather go with a Vidal Coquelin partnership if the option was available.

I'd take a striker over winger for sure. But what worries me is the options we'll have for striker and whether we'll actually be able to find someone competent. Where as for Winger, Pedro springs to mind immediately. I would sign Jackson Martinez if his price wasn't too high. Read a few times that it was around £26m which isn't bad at all, but anything higher and I'd be doubtful. I just hope we stay well clear away from Sterling. I really hope that if we do want to go in for him then City bid something crazy like £40/£50m for him instead

Original post by Stefano93
Even if we don't get Vidal, someone like Lars Bender/Carvalho/Kondogbia would fit the bill;i.e.Coq BenderAlexis Ozil Walcott(striker) - don't want Giroud playing upfront next season if we do purchase a striker.In terms of priority, for me it's a DM,ST,GK.

Would love Kondogbia man. Coq Bender :lol: sounds wrong
Last year I prioritised DM over ST but that was pre Coquelin. This year I'd say the ST is more important
(edited 8 years ago)
Saved all Vidal quotes, will enter into QOTY thread in September
Imagine getting Higuain and Vidal :coma:
Reply 918
Original post by AR_95
He most likely wont. But the point being made is that we can make space for a player of his quality/position in the squad instead of saying there's no room.

Jack Wilshere and Aaron Ramsey are ridiculously injury prone so there will always be space
We're so ****ed if we go into next season with Ospina

Preferred Almunia

Latest