The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9400
Original post by AR_95
Yeah give campbell a stint or just put Bellers on the RW with Debuchy at RB and we're solid

Hell no do not play Debuchy. Bellerin is 10x the player Debuchy is now and we need to be solid at the back.

Alexis and Ozil can do more than enough to create good chances and Giroud can hopefully not play crap. We just need to not concede to win. Debuchy he's played this season.
Either:
Flamini - Coquelin
Sanchez - Cazorla - Ozil
Giroud
or
Cazorla - Coquelin
Campbell - Ozil - Sanchez
Giroud

Although I wouldn't mind seeing one of Gibbs/Bellerin given a run on the wing, with Sanchez on the other wing.
Original post by Arkasia
Either:
Flamini - Coquelin
Sanchez - Cazorla - Ozil
Giroud
or
Cazorla - Coquelin
Campbell - Ozil - Sanchez
Giroud
Although I wouldn't mind seeing one of Gibbs/Bellerin given a run on the wing, with Sanchez on the other wing.

Not gonna happen.

Wenger was asked about it in the press conference earlier:

"Campbell and Alex Iwobi. Santi can play there as well but he has become very important centrally. The problem sometimes is that you can destroy two departments if you move one player out. We control the ball better with Santi in the middle"
Original post by e aí rapaz
Not gonna happen.

Wenger was asked about it in the press conference earlier:

"Campbell and Alex Iwobi. Santi can play there as well but he has become very important centrally. The problem sometimes is that you can destroy two departments if you move one player out. We control the ball better with Santi in the middle"

Wouldn't mind Iwobi but I'd prefer Campbell tbh. Isn't Iwobi predominantly a left-sided player, so Sanchez would be moved out to the right?
Debuchy has started like a grand total of 2 games for us and people are saying Bellerin is a better defender.

Just lol
Original post by AR_95
Debuchy has started like a grand total of 2 games for us and people are saying Bellerin is a better defender.

Just lol

you can also judge from his time at Newcastle
Never realised Debuchy was so old.
No matter how many games he's played his attitude stinks. Guys got no fight, rather than working hard to claim his place back, he goes a cries and bitches and moans to the French reporters. And when he has played he's been dreadful. I've got no time for him anymore, I backed him and backed him and all he does is **** up.

On a positive note Campbell needs to perform. For me this is his time to prove his worth for us. That doesn't mean scoring (which it appears he's desperate to do) but putting in solid performances and playing well defensively. 3 games to save his career with us basically. And although I don't heap praise on him I really hope he can prove the doubters (like me) wrong.
Reply 9408
I think the key now, especially with Christmas approaching, is to protect our fit players from injury. By the end of the year, we should have a lot of our players back & we'll be fine. I don't want us to lose ground in the title race within the space of a few weeks.

Reckon we'll be grinding out them ugly wins

Cech will really show his worth imo. Will keep us winning at 1-0, 2-1 etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9409
I would rather have Gnabry on the wing than Campbell. Wenger already ruled out his return though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any fixture you don't win for a while becomes a big fixture. Injury ain't no excuse for losing important games
Not looking forward to Campbell playing tomorrow. Feel like it's going to be one of those where we play sh*t and rely on Alexis to bail us out with a goal or two.
Campbell will put up as much of a performance as ox but you guys will hate on him instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Campbell will put up as much of a performance as ox but you guys will hate on him instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least Ox has shown glimpses of potential. Campbell never has.
don't forget, Coquelin made his breakthrough at our win at Man City :wink:
Original post by e aí rapaz
At least Ox has shown glimpses of potential. Campbell never has.

Campbell has hardly been playing at this club for 3/4 seasons like Ox.

Also he's shown a lot of potential tbh
Where on Earth is Stefano? Is he busy doing his hair these days or something?
Reply 9417
So Campbell starts

I hope he proves the world wrong tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
That starting line up is fine. Only Campbell and Giroud are worry areas. 9 normal starters
Original post by leinad2012
That starting line up is fine. Only Campbell and Giroud are worry areas. 9 normal starters

Giroud's not even a "worry" really anyway. Especially not with Ozil and Alexis both on form now.

Latest