Turn on thread page Beta

What's your motivation in life? watch

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure that a thread of this exists.

What are your sources of motivation in life?
    How do you keep your focus?

I love hearing people's stories. I find it motivating to.wriye out goals and commit money to see them through.

ReputationRep:
    I get motivated when I see others around me who have worked hard and succeeded, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm motivated to achieve my goals and my vocation in life. Nothing gives me greater pleasure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tradingmyheartforyours)
    I am not sure that a thread of this exists.

What are your sources of motivation in life?
    How do you keep your focus?

I love hearing people's stories. I find it motivating to.wriye out goals and commit money to see them through.
    Its not your typical motivation
    Im properly into cars

soooo

I have a list with a s.h.i.t. ton of cars with every single thing i'm going to do with them (customizations/mods/tunings)

I'm probably not going to own all of the ones listed but...

I guess it is better to dream than to wish

So yea, that is my motivation to keep working hard
    amirite?

ReputationRep:
    To pay off the mortgage, save up a good investment chunk and retire.

To kill myself. Because if there is such a thing as reincarnation, Im gonna learn my lessons this time to do better next time.

But for now, Im motivated by stuff that would be inappropriate to mention here, such as wang kin.

The thought of a little house in a pretty area of Yorkshire is often all that keeps me going, tbh.

It will be so lonely and I'll be scared, but the thought of staying here ... :dong:

ReputationRep:
    The thought of being able to buy a pretty black horse and ride around the countryside, makes me happy

ReputationRep:
    The experience of sensations.

ReputationRep:
    My religious belief.
    It's been a light in the darknesses of life, a well in the desert of unbearable heat, a raft amidst the raging sea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    The thought of a little house in a pretty area of Yorkshire is often all that keeps me going, tbh.

It will be so lonely and I'll be scared, but the thought of staying here ... :dong:
    Yorkshire is awesome :cool:

(Original post by ash92:))
    Yorkshire is awesome :cool:
    Agreed. I actually found out today that my surname is a Yorkshire one:proud:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    Agreed. I actually found out today that my surname is a Yorkshire one:proud:
    I'm from Yorkshire.

Much green
    Very Mountain
    So un-city
    Wow

(Original post by ash92:))
    I'm from Yorkshire.

Much green
    Very Mountain
    So un-city
    Wow
    My dad's side of the family is from Yorkshire...explains the surname, really

ReputationRep:
    The thought of experiencing life on this planet. Interacting with others, admiring nature, engaging senses idk I love everything about living. I can't wait to experience freedom and decide anything that I do. I love colours and the stars and grass and trees I just feel like everything is so beautiful if you look close enough. I guess I just look forward to experiencing and enjoying everything, the thought of a future of this keeps me going.

ReputationRep:
    what is this 'motivation' you speak of? is it available for purchase?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    There's a difference between "what is your motivation?", and "what are you motivated to do?"

My motivation stems primarily from the fact that life is finite. One day I won't be around any longer, and aside from scaring the crap out of me, that means that I'm motivated to not waste the precious time I have here.

Now then, what am I motivated to do? Right now, two things. 1) Raise four happy intelligent human beings, who will have decent lives, and might even make a difference in the world in whichever way suits them.
    and
    2) To make a difference in the world myself through my writing. It's a small thing, I know, compared to discovering cures to "incurable" diseases, running a country, or becoming the next Mother Teresa, but I'd like to think a little part of myself will live on not only through my descendants, but also through my books. Hundreds of years from now, my words will still exist. Perhaps someone will pick up a battered tattered copy of one of my books, read my words, and feel my soul.
    To write is to live forever.

ReputationRep:
    My family.

ReputationRep:
    Travelling for a bit, starting a family and then saving up to buy my own house.

ReputationRep:
    GTAO

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.