Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone put for the butterfly question (part B) what would have made the scientists results more accurate... I said they should compare them to other butterfly's living near nuclear power stations or something like that?

ReputationRep:
    I put about peer reviewing and looking elsewhere for similar situations that help prove the theory, I hope it's right!!

ReputationRep:
    I said they should measure approx. how much radiation the butterflies may have come in contact with, at different distances from the spill

ReputationRep:
    yeah i talked about the amount of radiation aswell

ReputationRep:
    what did you guys get for the percentage question on b2 was it 800

ReputationRep:
    I wrote 800% then crossed it out to write 75%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phantom reader)
    what did you guys get for the percentage question on b2 was it 800
    I wrote 800% then crossed it out because I thought it was wrong :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MmathewOc)
    What did everyone put for the butterfly question (part B) what would have made the scientists results more accurate... I said they should compare them to other butterfly's living near nuclear power stations or something like that?
    Not sure if it's correct but I saif study butterflies from other parts of Japan

ReputationRep:
    yeah after the test i worked it out and thought 800 was correct but stupidly i crossed it out in the exam

ReputationRep:
    I wrote that they should compare DNA to see evolutionary differences, and difference in species. I also stated that they should increase the sample size to gather an accurate representation of the butterfly population (for reliability).
    Oh and I put 800% for that question, I'm pretty sure that's correct because 160/20 x 100 is 800%

But I've most likely completely messed the whole paper up.

ReputationRep:
    I wrote 800 for the percentage but it was really 700

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainBear)
    I wrote 800 for the percentage but it was really 700
    I attempted the question like 10 times and got different answers each time! Can you explain please how it was 700%? (Although it's over now)

I remember one reading was 20 and the other was 160

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m-uther)
    I wrote that they should compare DNA to see evolutionary differences, and difference in species. I also stated that they should increase the sample size to gather an accurate representation of the butterfly population (for reliability).
    Oh and I put 800% for that question, I'm pretty sure that's correct because 160/20 x 100 is 800%

But I've most likely completely messed the whole paper up.
    I'm guessing you did the statistics gcse ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sonia101)
    I attempted the question like 10 times and got different answers each time! Can you explain please how it was 700%? (Although it's over now)

I remember one reading was 20 and the other was 160
    It asked for percentage increase (which I didn't read) so to go from 20 to 160 it increased by 140. 140/20 is 7.
    7 times 100 is 700.

Sorry I'm bad at explaining

ReputationRep:
    It asked for percentage increase (which I didn't read) so to go from 20 to 160 it increased by 140. 140/20 is 7.
    7 times 100 is 700.

Sorry I'm bad at explaining
    Oh that makes so much sense! Thank you so much! x

ReputationRep:
    7 times 100 is 700.
    I didn't read the question properly and did 800 oh well haha! What did people out for the arrows in the nitrogen cycle??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sonia101)
    Oh that makes so much sense! Thank you so much! x
    I'm glad it makes sense to you now I didn't realise until after the exam that I'd done it wrong. I think many people misunderstood that question It was tricky

ReputationRep:
    Who here does triple, so has the horrific 7s to look forward to??

ReputationRep:
    what did people write for the B1 six marker, with the triplets?

ReputationRep:
    I hope the grade boundaries are low!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 13, 2015

University open days

• University of Chichester
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Thu, 25 Oct '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Oct '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.