Turn on thread page Beta

Becks's move to Real Madrid [hey SOMEBODY had to bring it up!] watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So what does everyone think? Personally me no like. I support Man U and without Becks its just not going to be the same *tear*. Also, Ronaldo's in Real Madrid and he has got to be one of my un-favouriest [sp] players

david beckham is the most overrated player in football. he will die in spain as they want to play him in centre mid. he does not have the dribbling sklls, quick feet or clever passes required to play in that position in spain and it will be comic watching him trying to do so. all he can do is loft the ball forward which is clearly not real's style of play, ronaldo is an incredibly poor header of the ball and by using beckham's long pass you miss out zidane/raul/figo!

the move was all about enabling real to crack the asian market, the money they make from there plus shirt sales will be more than enough to recoup the money they paid for beckham and once they do so, he will rot in the reserves.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know. He totally doesn't belong at Real. Alex Fergusion is mad. He doesn't know how much profits he's losing. In Japan and Hong Kong already, so many people have suddenly got a new favourite team and gone out and bought Real Madrid stuff. I reckon Fergie was just jealous of Becks, but I saw it coming. After the boot incident, it was just a matter of time before either Becks or Fergie made the decision to leave. But I do feel sorry for him as he wasn't informed and he's been playing for Man U all his life. Plus, whos going to fill the society pages now that the Beckhams will be gone??

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully real society. (No pun!)

ReputationRep:
    Maybe, just maybe, now Becks is miles away in another country we will near less about him in the papers... well I can dream.

ReputationRep:
    Will Beckham get into the starting lineup for Real Madrid. I mean he can pass and he does free kicks. Those are the main things he can do. But Real have got Carlos to do that. Apparantly Beckham might get a free role. But we'll just have to see.

ReputationRep:
    he will now that carlos queiroz is in charge but as for that free role, i wold love to see him try to play there! zidane can play a free role because he has great skill, vision, touch and control. being able to loft a football upfield does not put you in the same category!

ReputationRep:
    I've got to admit that I think Beckham will get slaughtered in Real Madrid, as though most of the England loves him as he is the England captain, and him and his missus are constantly entertaining the millions of Hello stlye magazines, in terms of footballing talent, he is nowhere near the likes of Zidane, Ronaldo, etc. He's gone form being the biggest fish in a relatively small pool of talent, to the smallest fish in what is undoubltably the largest pool of talent, in one of (if not the) world's best football team, in which the greats like Zidane and Ronaldo aren't even guarantead a place in every match.
    There is one advantage though, that the UK can now at last have proper news in the papers, rather than the latest gossip on posh and becks, which frankly bores me, as I don't see the obsession with a mediocre football palyer (mediocre in comparisson to the worlds best I mean), and his talentless wife.

Phil

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2003
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.