Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    I know that nothing on this thread is definite, but what do you guys expect to see in the C3 and C2 exam?

ReputationRep:
    Titration 6 marker and a calculation is definite.

ReputationRep:
    Nearly 100% sure a question on balancing equations, and then drawing the correct electrons of the bonding diagrams. Probably working out yield, and hopefully not anything to do with chromatography though
    Possibly electroplating?

ReputationRep:
    C2 - structure and bonding is guaranteed, electrolysis probably, they always ask something on analysing substances but depends how much they want to ask. They usually ask a quick question about GC-MS. Quick question about nanoparticles. Considering what they did in biology this year probably a six marker giving advantages/ disadvantages of something (different polymers or something seeing as polymers didn't come up last year). Rates of reaction as well definitely.

C3 - everything that came up last year was fairly standard so probably something similar this year.. Classic topics :
    - Periodic table (possible 6 marker on how periodic was developed???)
    - Equilibria - haber process etc.
    - Organic chemistry (esters, carboxylic acids, alcohols)
    - Testing for +ve and -ve ions
    - Water
    - Energy change

These are literally just me speculating! I doubt I'll get these right.....

ReputationRep:
    Lol I haven't started revising.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 12, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.