Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What sort of thing do you want to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TanveerSFC)
    Now, how am I meant to find a job that pays at least 14k+ ?

I have had no luck.
    How many jobs have you applied for? Have you been to any careers fairs? Have you been searching job boards on a daily basis?

Finding work, especially after uni is a tiresome, dull, depressing and time consuming activity. So now that you know that, get on with it. The jobs won't come to you. There has never been a better time to get a job, but that doesn't mean they come easy. Aim high and the sky is the limit.

You might find some inspiration here:
    http://byeeek.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02...er-job-as.html

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    https://careers.peopleclick.com/care...crew/search.do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Push_More_Button)
    What sort of thing do you want to do?
    I'm hoping web development tbh but I am not fussed, any IT job will do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TanveerSFC)
    I'm hoping web development tbh but I am not fussed, any IT job will do.
    If web development is what you want to do, then do that. Don't settle for anything because if you get this next step wrong, it will be harder to move later. Can you imagine spending your whole day just installing Windows? Some do, but if that isn't your bag, don't settle for it.

There are a gazillion and one web development jobs (http://www.jobserve.com/gb/en/JobSea...6D3C02B987CBB6) at the moment but they don't want any Tom, **** or Harry. If the attitude you are displaying on this thread is the attitude you are putting into looking for work then it is no surprise you are struggling.

Perk up lad and get on with it!

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Find Jesus - all your problems solved (Sarcasm) :jebus:

ReputationRep:
    Doing a placement year really helps, I did a placement year, and I also just finished uni and in the last few weeks I have been getting a lot of interviews and offers coming through purely because of my placement year. I cannot stress how important it is to take advantage of the placement year at uni and not just do the standard 3 years of study. A placement year not only gives you the real life skills, but also gives you amazing commercial exposure which is what all potential employers want to see. And you can also go back to the company you did your placement at as a graduate.

Now seeing that you haven't done a placement year, it will be difficult for you, the only thing you can do now is to try and secure interviews and explain to why you think you are the right person for the job even though you don't have the relevant industry experience. There are A LOT of things that you learn during a placement year that uni does not teach you, at least this is what I experienced. The skills and knowledge you learn on placement are directly relevant for the area of technology you are going into, these can be specific skills that uni does not teach, and this is where it will be hard for you. People with commercial experience will stand out better than you, so therefore you have to try and show yourself as the right candidate and have some solid answers for interview questions. Remember, be relaxed, don't get stressed if you're still unemployed 6 months after uni, use that time to develop your skills in the area you want to go into and learn specific industry related skills, trust me on that one. If you need more advice message me! and good luck

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Quick link:

Unanswered IT and technology threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.