Turn on thread page Beta

When is it appropriate to tell the guy that you're dating that you're a virgin? watch

Basically I'm an 18 year old girl and I've been seeing this older guy for a few weeks. When things are getting 'heated' when we're kissing I can tell that he's trying to initiate sex but I keep pushing him off because I've never had sex. Should I tell him ASAP? Also do you think he'll mind because of course he's older?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Basically I'm an 18 year old girl and I've been seeing this older guy for a few weeks. When things are getting 'heated' when we're kissing I can tell that he's trying to initiate sex but I keep pushing him off because I've never had sex. Should I tell him ASAP? Also do you think he'll mind because of course he's older?
    I believe boys like Virgins!

ReputationRep:
    Tell him or he's not worth it, do you not want to lose it with someone you feel comfortable with. Tell him if he's annoyed it's not worth it and also he might make it extra special

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The question is, do you want to have sex?

(Original post by phunky_fresh)
    The question is, do you want to have sex?
    Yeah I'm pretty comfortable with sexuality I just know that I want the first time to be with someone special and someone who actually cares

(Original post by Neevan)
    I believe boys like Virgins!
    I never understood why boys like virgins erm but okay! Thank you x

ReputationRep:
    for heavens sake the things people worry about!

ReputationRep:
    If you're not ready, tell him. Its better he hears from you than elsewhere, and you'll find out if he's only after sex before it's too late.

Also, how much older is he?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by student 1999)
    Tell him or he's not worth it, do you not want to lose it with someone you feel comfortable with. Tell him if he's annoyed it's not worth it and also he might make it extra special

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for the help I think I'm just nervous because he's a bit older than me I feel a bit young and stupid ahah

You should just tell him. The guy I'm seeing knew I was a virgin from our first date, it came up in conversation.he's been so patient and understanding since one.

ReputationRep:
    hey i just met you and this is crazy but here's my cherry so pop it maybe

(Original post by Sophi12)
    If you're not ready, tell him. Its better he hears from you than elsewhere, and you'll find out if he's only after sex before it's too late.

Also, how much older is he?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hes 22

ReputationRep:
    Idk when but if you need a fun way to say it....
    Spoiler:
    Show

Hey baby, I'm like olive oil
    Spoiler:
    Show

extra virgin :sexface:

(Original post by Ripper Phoenix)
    hey i just met you and this is crazy but here's my cherry so pop it maybe
    (Original post by SiminaM)
    Idk when but if you need a fun way to say it....
    Spoiler:
    Show

If only you could lose your virginity twice

You should just tell him. The guy I'm seeing knew I was a virgin from our first date, it came up in conversation.he's been so patient and understanding since one.
    How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    OP: Hey hun just wanted to let you know I'm a virgin

Spoiler:
    Show
    BF: I DON'T CARE ...I LOVE IT! :perv: :dance:

:rofl:

loool on a serious note though yeah you should just tell him

ReputationRep:
    Just tell the guy. Why hold things back? Especially things that are important in the relationship! I told my previous partner like in the first two weeks of getting with him. Get it out in the open woman, so it's not awkward and you can move forward together in this relationship. It's just silly not to tell your partner from early on imo

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ughh - It's much more embarrassing for us guys to say we're virgins.

ReputationRep:
    Tell him if only so he understands why you may want to wait a bit longer. That way he won't misread it and think your holding back or you don't like him. Also he won't(or, shouldn't) push you so much for it if he understands you will want a bit more time to get to know him

How old are you if you don't mind me asking?
    I'm 26

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 12, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.