Turn on thread page Beta

Hi

long story short, a lot of **** happened within the past few months that led me to delete social media. i havent talked to a girl in months (doesn't include girl friends) but i think im ready to start again.

how would i go on to approach a girl in real life? ususally what i do is find a girl on instagram dm her couple of hours/days and get her whatsapp talk talk and eventually set a date to go for a coffee or smth but how does it work old school?

i personally would find it very creepy if I was to just stop a random girl walking down the street or talk to her at a bus stop, on the train, library etc etc

i do have confidence and i consider myself decent looking

ReputationRep:
    You could just go up to one and say hello.

that's it? i mean it does make sense but wouldn't I come across as creepy or something? i lost track of what is considered creepy and hot now a days ahahah

ReputationRep:
    Do you go to some setting where you're encouraged to talk to others [like a club or society], maybe that'll get you talking to a girl (but girls know when guys are talking just to get in their pants)

Erm no, i dont go to no clubs or societies.

im a virgin and obviously i want to have sex but thats not why im approaching a girl. im looking for a proper relationship. this is the first time im gonna interact with a girl that i havent talked to first via instagam whatsapp snapchat etc

ReputationRep:
    are you still in education? maybe you could offer "that girl in the corner" help with some question you're stuck on (or ask for help)

yes i am but i do a btec course, dont really need help like that lol. would it be reasonable to approach a girl for directions? but then again i know most of london eyes closed. or should i just yolo it 'hello georgeous bla blac bla' loool

ReputationRep:
    no that would be equivalent to "wolf whistling" (and you know that's been in the news recently)

''wolf whistling'' sounds creepy. I was thinking about actually approaching her not shout across the road 'oi babes what you sayin'

ReputationRep:
    definitely do not approach her with 'hello gorgeous' haha! If you actually enjoy reading and want to approach a girl in a library/bookshop, look at the book she is reading and if you've read it, make a comment about it to her, or if you can guess what it's vaguely about make a suggestion to her about another one she should read... it'll definitely get the conversation going.

yeah that was just a little humour, i wouldn't want someone to approach my sister or future daughter like that!. from my understanding, i should make use of the situation that we are both in? so if we're both at tesco starting at the sandwiches and talk a little about sandwiches and which one i would recommend and go from there? another example something like if we're catching the same bus i could complain that the bus route takes long and take it from there?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I guessed! Yep, you've got it... it'll also ease away the awkwardness of just going up and saying hello

ReputationRep:
    You could walk up to them and as if they like baking... That's what I do. It starts a conversation.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 14, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.