Gcse english lit exam next week! Help needed

Watch this thread
sneakersnskates
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I have my Eng lit exam next week. Does anyone know how I can revise effectively for both Of mice and men & Romeo and Juliet?? And if anyone has any revision material please send it to me. Thanks in advance
AnnaMossy
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
i didn't do either of these but past essays will be the best! plan and write them, in my opinion is the best way. for extra help id see if you can get a teacher to mark them for you :-) good luck!
sneakersnskates
Rep:
(Original post by AnnaMossy)
i didn't do either of these but past essays will be the best! plan and write them, in my opinion is the best way. for extra help id see if you can get a teacher to mark them for you :-) good luck!
Thank you AnnaMossy! one more thing is it easy to achieve a B grade for it?
Gk1616
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sneakersnskates)
I have my Eng lit exam next week. Does anyone know how I can revise effectively for both Of mice and men & Romeo and Juliet?? And if anyone has any revision material please send it to me. Thanks in advance
I don't do Romeo and Juliet but I would read over the books and look at key themes, context and the characters. For example in of mice and men the main themes are loneliness, the hopelessness of the American Dream, the weak being cruel to the weak and fraternity. Social context includes the Great Depression , life on American ranches and the sexist, racist society that was 1930s America. Try to include these in your essay, as well as single word analysis and you're set!
sneakersnskates
Rep:
Thanks so much! would you consider writing about context for example, the fact that its set in soledad for each paragraph when linking the answer to question or nah?
Gk1616
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Thanks so much! would you consider writing about context for example, the fact that its set in soledad for each paragraph when linking the answer to question or nah?
with Omam I would definitely recommend writing about context in every paragraph
froa98
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Look at plot summaries, and key themes!

Have a look at important quotes and past papers and mark schemes.

For OMAM make sure you know about America in the 1930's. You need to mention it atleast once in your essay, whether the question is about Curley's wife, Crooks, Candy etc..

I don't do romeo and juliet however, I found this site really helpful for omam

http://thebestnotes.com/booknotes/of...y_Guide01.html

Good luck!!
jiyongtoki
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
someone wrote their notes for OMAM up here, they were really helpful. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5#post55851365
AnnaMossy
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Thank you AnnaMossy! one more thing is it easy to achieve a B grade for it?
well i got two A*s in English (language and literature) but its always been a subject i excel in, but they always look for the 'right' style of writing! just talk to a teacher or look online for the mark scheme just to make sure you nail all the points they look for!
Good luck!
Palette
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Gk1616)
with Omam I would definitely recommend writing about context in every paragraph
By the way, how do you separate the context from the character if you're asked a question about Crooks and then asked about attitudes to black people in 1930s America?
froa98
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Palette)
By the way, how do you separate the context from the character if you're asked a question about Crooks and then asked about attitudes to black people in 1930s America?
'America was a very racist country in the 1930s'
'This demonstrates the inequality in America during the 1930s'
etc..

If that answers your question
Gk1616
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Palette)
no I would embed it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (65)
28.02%
As I expected (72)
31.03%
Harder (87)
37.5%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.45%

Watched Threads