Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Actually so scared
    How many moments are you prediciting for each question?

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand your question?

Are you learning question 1 section a off by heart?

ReputationRep:
    If someone else has already answered this, my apologies. Apparently this year we have to learn two moments for Section A (except of course question 1). I'm not sure if the same applies for Sections B and C though.

Strange as it may seem, I'd advise just memorising your answers to the best of your ability because the questions, despite how they're worded, are pretty much the same every year.

ReputationRep:
    What kind of marks are you getting in your practise essys?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else still deliberating over whether to do section B or section c?

We have two different teachers; the one who taught us section A is brilliant but section b/c woman is rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    I've decided I'm definitely doing the section where you analyse your own performance (forgotten which one that is but think it's B). I think for section A it will ask for 2 moments, but plan for 3 just in case (aka have a backup)- but remember that moments do not necessarily correspond to quotations- you should still be using at least 3 quotes for section A qus 2-4 and between 3-5 for section B Hope that's of any use!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgan_)
    I've decided I'm definitely doing the section where you analyse your own performance (forgotten which one that is but think it's B). I think for section A it will ask for 2 moments, but plan for 3 just in case (aka have a backup)- but remember that moments do not necessarily correspond to quotations- you should still be using at least 3 quotes for section A qus 2-4 and between 3-5 for section B Hope that's of any use!
    Thanks. Do you mean quotes from the deviced piece we did?

Have you got any tips for section B?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helfus)
    Thanks. Do you mean quotes from the deviced piece we did?

Have you got any tips for section B?
    Yes, so section A will be quotes from your devised piece and Section B will be quotes from your scripted piece (I believe it works that way in every school?)
    For section B, we have set structures that we get taught to use but as a general rule it's just really important to ensure you're fully explaining your vocal and physical skills- especially when you comment on gestures they need to be explained well enough that the examiner could effectively copy what you did from how you explain it.
    Also, in general it is vital you adapt your answers using key words from the questions- our teacher said often people are too rehearsed for drama, but the difference between the B/A answers and the A* ones is the linking back to what they are asking.
    Time management is also really, really important in this exam so ensure you have enough time for the 2 20 mark answers!
    Hope that helps at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgan_)
    Yes, so section A will be quotes from your devised piece and Section B will be quotes from your scripted piece (I believe it works that way in every school?)
    For section B, we have set structures that we get taught to use but as a general rule it's just really important to ensure you're fully explaining your vocal and physical skills- especially when you comment on gestures they need to be explained well enough that the examiner could effectively copy what you did from how you explain it.
    Also, in general it is vital you adapt your answers using key words from the questions- our teacher said often people are too rehearsed for drama, but the difference between the B/A answers and the A* ones is the linking back to what they are asking.
    Time management is also really, really important in this exam so ensure you have enough time for the 2 20 mark answers!
    Hope that helps at all
    Thanks it does. We've never been told about this quoting thing!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else answer on two different scenes in section C, how many marks do we lose for this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliep123456789)
    Anyone else answer on two different scenes in section C, how many marks do we lose for this?
    It didn't necessarily say a 'scene' I can't remember the exact wording (said either extract or section i think) so I did the first two scenes and counted it as the 'introduction'. I mean if you did the opening and final scene you may lose a few for not reading the question, it depends what scenes you did

Posted from TSR Mobile

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.