The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

How much would I need to get on average in each module to get a B at AS do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
what if i got 20 in that exam?
please tell me its 40 Ums

also...Do you get 30 ums? :frown:
Reply 3522
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
How much would I need to get on average in each module to get a B at AS do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/demo/en/support/support-topics/results-certification/understanding-marks-and-grades.html

go right to the bottom, and theres ums/grade converter, its pretty good, i think thats wat your looking for
Original post by Dieselblue
To find the minimum value of r yes you do differentiate. Then you say that dC/dr=0
which you can to use to find r which I got was 2.92 and most others got. What I forgot to do is then use the value for r and substitute it back into 6πr^2+150/r to get 200/300 something. The last question really wasn't hard, especially compared to the one on C1.

ahhh I see! thanks
Original post by frozo123
May I ask whether you found the paper difficult because you didn't know how to do it?
Or did you lose marks because of silly mistakes?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A bit of both really. e.g. some of those questions I knew how to do but I couldn't do it. Like that B-A=48 question. I got B-A=48 and knew I had to do some form of simultaneous equation but couldn't get to the second part to actually have an equation to solve! you?
I actually found that to be okay. However there was quite a few twisty questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thought it was quite a weird paper :s hopefully grade boundaries will be low XD What do you guys think 60 marks roughly would be? :smile:
Reply 3527
Original post by Squirrel246
Thought it was quite a weird paper :s hopefully grade boundaries will be low XD What do you guys think 60 marks roughly would be? :smile:

im hoping its like in the 50s for an A, I got 45 and im aiming for an A so this was a big blow for me, idk if ill still be able to get an A
Original post by boyyo
im hoping its like in the 50s for an A, I got 45 and im aiming for an A so this was a big blow for me, idk if ill still be able to get an A

Yeah, I'm really hoping for an A too! I was so sad after this paper, thought it went so bad. I'm really hoping to pick up method marks!!! It doesn't help with A2s resitting and pulling up boundaries though :s It would be good if it was 50s for an A!
Reply 3529
Does any one have an unofficial markscheme? Interested to know how i did
Original post by 141802
Does any one have an unofficial markscheme? Interested to know how i did
There is one around!!! You might have to search for it, but there is one 😊
Reply 3531
Can someone post a link to the unofficial mark scheme. Cant find it!
Original post by 141802
Can someone post a link to the unofficial mark scheme. Cant find it!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3344369

It is very unlikely it will be below 60 unfortunately. Unlike C1, it was pretty standard. I am betting it's 63 for an A. Which I got about 63 :s-smilie:

It is very unlikely it will be below 60 unfortunately. Unlike C1, it was pretty standard. I am betting it's 63 for an A. Which I got about 63 :s-smilie:

Atleast your honest unlike people in denial thinking it was somehow some rogue crazy hard paper which it wasn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you really think it was easier than last years paper?? And you only needed 60 for an A in June 2014 hmm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DDan123
Do you really think it was easier than last years paper?? And you only needed 60 for an A in June 2014 hmm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it was easier. Albeit I didn't think last years was that hard. This one was easier though as every question was pretty standard although the paper had more of a C1 feel then other C2 papers that is what through people off maybe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
I think it was easier. Albeit I didn't think last years was that hard. This one was easier though as every question was pretty standard although the paper had more of a C1 feel then other C2 papers that is what through people off maybe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really don't know. When I did june 2014 as a mock I ended up getting 72, I thought the paper wasn't too challenging. This paper threw me off a little, I have no idea why. I do agree though, it wasn't insanely difficult just pretty different from your standard C2 papers in the past I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DDan123

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everything but the geometric series question and the trig questions were very standard. Even still the trig question wasn't hard at all. I can understand why the geometric series one threw people off as it has some pretty difficult rearranging. But I still managed to get r=17/81.

I think it was relatively standard. I would expect average mark schemes. No way will it be below 60 for an A. However I would expect very low boundaries for C1 because that was horrifically difficult. I got a terrible 54 in that.
Original post by domcandrews
True I agree, but the problem is a lot of people want to get a top grade so they will do all the Solomon papers and stuff. I'm no expert but I think they will be around the 62 region, pre 2014 are not completely useless, they're still good practice , but more and more people are realising that to access the top grade they need to be doing more than just past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm no expert in grade boundaries but I can assure you that they will either be the same or go one up or down.... but who knows right?
Everything but the geometric series question and the trig questions were very standard. Even still the trig question wasn't hard at all. I can understand why the geometric series one threw people off as it has some pretty difficult rearranging. But I still managed to get r=17/81.

I think it was relatively standard. I would expect average mark schemes. No way will it be below 60 for an A. However I would expect very low boundaries for C1 because that was horrifically difficult. I got a terrible 54 in that.

I wont be surprised if grade boundaries don't go down. I have a feeling it will stay at 60 or probably go up to 61/62 for an A. C1 was pretty difficult aswell. Then again, in recent years the papers have been made more challenging. I was really confident about getting an A* prediction in maths :frown: If I do I'll probably scrape the 90 UMS average. C1 was so frustrating I made silly mistakes, think I got 64. Did better in C2, 68 atleast. Have to hope I can smash S1 now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending