Help plzzzz

What do you mean?
why is everyone worrying what paper we'll get
its a C2 paper, itll have stuff thats in the spec
if you know your stuff, you should be fine, dont worry
i swear, some people chat a load of bull crap on this thread
Original post by mrnazz00923
Yeah 1432066365632.jpg

Also it's unlikely to come up by the volume of a sphere is 4/3*pi*r^3 and the surface area is 4*pi*r^2
Original post by ToLiveInADream
Guys, should I do the rest of the Solomon papers I haven't done or do the R/IAL c2 papers? Which is harder?

Which is likely to expose you to an different way of asking a question than in past UK papers but is on the mind of current edexcel examiners?
R and IAL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LearningGeek
why is everyone worrying what paper we'll get
its a C2 paper, itll have stuff thats in the spec
if you know your stuff, you should be fine, dont worry
i swear, some people chat a load of bull crap on this thread

The spec is very generalised, they can ask the questions in lots of different ways including ones that you've never seen before..
Is it just me or are the reserved papers harder than the standard papers?
Original post by NickLCFC
The spec is very generalised, they can ask the questions in lots of different ways including ones that you've never seen before..

i knoww, but once you figure out what its asking you, its always something to do with c2 or prior knowledge
Original post by Achint10
is the answer 96096?

Yes, please explain how you got it :P
C1 was very straightforward yet a lot of people found it challenging because of the way it was set up.

C2 is going to be a huge bitch, but let's hope for easy, time-saving marks throughout...
Are the R papers always supposed to be more difficult?
Like I know its still stuff from the spec but I've heard its harder than the normal papers
Original post by LearningGeek
i knoww, but once you figure out what its asking you, its always something to do with c2 or prior knowledge

Dude shutup everyone has their weaknesses and it's a stressful time
Also it's unlikely to come up by the volume of a sphere is 4/3*pi*r^3 and the surface area is 4*pi*r^2

That's in the formula booklet, under the C1 page :smile:
Original post by mursalxxo
Like I know its still stuff from the spec but I've heard its harder than the normal papers

Original post by fire_and_ice
Is it just me or are the reserved papers harder than the standard papers?

Yes. 2013 was an example where a lot of people suffered from having to sit the R papers.
Do people really think it will be harder than the June 2014 paper. I certainly doubt it
Reply 1375
Original post by particlestudent
Do people really think it will be harder than the June 2014 paper. I certainly doubt it

I do

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mursalxxo

Yep
Yes, please explain how you got it :P

cool :smile:

when it says independent of 'x' it means there basically should be no 'x' term, i.e. it should be x^0

so you need to find the point of expansion where the 'x' term and the 'k/x^2' term cancel each other.
this happens when 'n' = 5.
so you get: (15C5)(x)^15-5(k/x^2)^5
--> (3003)(x^10)(k^5/x^10)
the x's cancel eachother out
k = 2, from part a)
2^5 * 3003 = 96096
I'm nervous. I'm going to sleep early tonight after chilling out a little, wake up at 5 and do some last minute questions (not a full paper). Target areas: learning volumes/SAs of shapes, transformations of sine/cosine graph & practise applications of differentiation.

Good luck guys. May the odds be ever in your favour :wink:
Reply 1379
Original post by ToLiveInADream
I'm nervous. I'm going to sleep early tonight after chilling out a little, wake up at 5 and do some last minute questions (not a full paper). Target areas: learning volumes/SAs of shapes, transformations of sine/cosine graph & practise applications of differentiation.

Good luck guys. May the odds be ever in your favour :wink:

There is no transformations of graphs on c2

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending