Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Are they the same?

ReputationRep:
    Current account not only looks at import and exports but also at transfers, balance of trade simply looks at the relationship between imports and exports, I am 95% positive, correct me if I am wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Current Account is made up of 4 parts, the balance of trade in goods (exports of goods - imports of goods), trade in services, transfers (e.g. income from abroad such as interest on loan)and income (e.g. aid).

The current account is one of the 3 parts to the Balance of Payments which also includes the capital and financial account and reserves (I believe gold is an example)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aramen105)
    Current Account is made up of 4 parts, the balance of trade in goods (exports of goods - imports of goods), trade in services, transfers (e.g. income from abroad such as interest on loan)and income (e.g. aid).

The current account is one of the 3 parts to the Balance of Payments which also includes the capital and financial account and reserves (I believe gold is an example)

So if these 4 parts are effected positively , it will make it a current account surplus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mistel)
    So if these 4 parts are effected positively , it will make it a current account surplus?
    Yes, but its also worth remembering that the BOP always balances, if you have a negative in the current account this is will be made up by the capital and financial account. <-just a bit more info

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 12, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.