Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Trying to prove a hypothesis with strontium nitrate and sodium carbonate. The more strontium nitrate the more strontium carbonate precipitate. I need secondary evidence to prove the hypothesis is correct so if anyone has them it would be sound if I could have them but it doesnt specifically have to be with strontium
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Big Lee)
    Trying to prove a hypothesis with strontium nitrate and sodium carbonate. The more strontium nitrate the more strontium carbonate precipitate. I need secondary evidence to prove the hypothesis is correct so if anyone has them it would be sound if I could have them but it doesnt specifically have to be with strontium
    Providing there is an excess of sodium carbonate this is not a very interesting experimental hypothesis ...

.. it is akin to saying "the more money I have the more beer I can buy".

ReputationRep:
    Yes I admit it is a rubbish hypothesis that is kinda obvious but im forced to do that hypothesis for my gcse chemistry

ReputationRep:
    It's less about "secondary evidence", than it is a core principle of chemistry.
    Talk about moles if you must, but that's about as secondary as anything will get.

ReputationRep:
    nah secondary evidence online is a petty thing but it will give a few extra marks. Talking about moles is complicated as if I have moles in the experiment, it says I am not doing the experiment properly but not having moles means I have less to discuss

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm doing the same experiment as well for my assessment and need some secondary evidence too

ReputationRep:
    have you done your gcse controlled assessment yet? do you remember anything you wrote?

ReputationRep:
    I need secondary evidence for the same experiment. It doesn't necessarily have to be strontium nitrate, just a precipitate reaction with sodium carbonate.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 1, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.