The Student Room Group

Are you allowed a stopwatch in an exam?

In one of my exams we need to time our selves so we take only 21.5 minutes per question, but for me I find it hard to a) calculate the timings and b) see the clock as it's very small

the invigilators say "no mobile phones, mp3s or other gadgets" but would a stop watch count as a gadget?

i was planning on using one to time myself.
Thanks for the help
Why not take a digital watch? Those normally have a stopwatch built in, or just check the time in which you start, and then see how long before 21.5 minutes have passed on the watch face, I always wear a digital watch when I go into an exam, and it hasn't been a problem, but a standalone stopwatch, I'm not entirely sure about as they could say that it might be a distraction for both you and others, as they or may not get the impression that you'll fiddle with the buttons constantly, I would maybe take it with you, and then ask them, if you can't then it shouldn't necessarily be a problem, or ask them if they have an alternative method of allowing you to see the time more efficiently.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Sonia101
In one of my exams we need to time our selves so we take only 21.5 minutes per question, but for me I find it hard to a) calculate the timings and b) see the clock as it's very small

the invigilators say "no mobile phones, mp3s or other gadgets" but would a stop watch count as a gadget?

i was planning on using one to time myself.
Thanks for the help

I imagine you wouldn't but I think you might be allowed a wrist watch, check with your exams officer.

Quick Reply

Latest