Turn on thread page Beta

How to real with racism? watch

ReputationRep:
    I study abroad and I have never encountered this in England. Basically, there's this german guy in my university and he seems inherently racist. I've heard that he's been going around and casually using the N-word. A lot of people have actually addressed him and said it isn't acceptable. I haven't heard him say it myself, but I feel really angry that he keep repeating it and thinks it's okay.

I'm not black but I've also been called a few racist words myself, just because I look Arab.

I honestly feel to corner him one day, in an attempt to educate him.

And of course, I've known people to be racist but they're usually closet.

:mad:

ReputationRep:
    Ignore it if you can, if you can its good to accept people can think as negative things as they like but the positive things people think of you will always outweigh the negative.

If you can't then engage him in a conversation about it in front of a large group of people who are likely to disapprove of his viewpoint and then play your own opinions down so people in said group are more accepting of yours(ie you go middle instead of left to his right. then you will find people will fight your battle for you once they are on your side and set mentally against him. (yes its a bit evil and hard to do)

ReputationRep:
    Do you really think that you "educating" him is going to make any difference?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.