Delightful, wonderful just like every other test that we have
    Not.
    But generally it was alright wbu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TahmidGCSE)
    Delightful, wonderful just like every other test that we have
    Not.
    But generally it was alright wbu
    Surprisingly not that bad, made some silly mistakes though. Quite a few predictable questions which was a plus! Any ideas on what the grade boundaries might be like?

ReputationRep:
    Tahmid what school u go to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amairah)
    Surprisingly not that bad, made some silly mistakes though. Quite a few predictable questions which was a plus! Any ideas on what the grade boundaries might be like?
    That's great news As for the grade boundaries I am assuming it will be 40-45 for both papers for an A* very much doubt it will be any higher than that but then again none of us know what AQA are thinking so lets hope for low ones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rp6562)
    Tahmid what school u go to
    Handsworth Grammar School, wbu?

ReputationRep:
    That's great news As for the grade boundaries I am assuming it will be 40-45 for both papers for an A* very much doubt it will be any higher than that but then again none of us know what AQA are thinking so lets hope for low ones
    Unit 3 and 2 were just so weird, very different to what I was expecting. I'm worried I may not get a B, I got an A* in my ISA but that can only help so much.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, praying for low grade boundaries right now! Did you do that magnification question? i didn't know how to answer that :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calzs34)
    Unit 3 and 2 were just so weird, very different to what I was expecting. I'm worried I may not get a B, I got an A* in my ISA but that can only help so much.
    That's amazing I got that too ;p i am sure you will get your grade I need an A* in biology, chemistry, maths wish me luck!

ReputationRep:
    Me too, i got a*'s in both my ISA's but how much can that help my overall grade?

ReputationRep:
    magnification answer was 400x

ReputationRep:
    Yep, praying for low grade boundaries right now! Did you do that magnification question? i didn't know how to answer that :/
    Screams it was 400 but i put down 0.025 i didn't know what to do sighs :/ it was 2 marks though so no problem XD as long as i get 45/60 to get an A*

ReputationRep:
    That's amazing I got that too ;p i am sure you will get your grade I need an A* in biology, chemistry, maths wish me luck!
    You will probably get an A* if you revised! My revision was based off past papers and revision guides, and well the paper was a lot different (except the 6 markers and the question on speciation).

Was it 1 for the dominant allele polydactyl

and 2 for the recessive allele cystic fibrosis? Btw and which paper was this in?

ReputationRep:
    Screams it was 400 but i put down 0.025 i didn't know what to do sighs :/ it was 2 marks though so no problem XD as long as i get 45/60 to get an A*
    yeah that caught loads of people out

ReputationRep:
    ahh i had no idea how to answer it! we've done nothing like that at school :/

ReputationRep:
    You will probably get an A* if you revised! My revision was based off past papers and revision guides, and well the paper was a lot different (except the 6 markers and the question on speciation).

and 2 for the recessive allele cystic fibrosis? Btw and which paper was this in?
    Yep i got that too i think this was in b2

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3321149

that was my attempt at a mark scheme for the B2 paper if it helps, still a work in progress and not guaranteed right obviously

ReputationRep:

Yes but sadly i put 2 and 2 :/

ReputationRep:
    Me too, i got a*'s in both my ISA's but how much can that help my overall grade?
    It's 25%, so if you get an A* in your ISA it's worth 90-100 UMS
    An A is worth 80-90 and son on. Therefore, if you got 100 UMS you can actually 'drop' around 4 marks off an A* in all 3 papers combined. But say you want an A, it would allow you to lose like 3 marks in each paper lower than an A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neon_reaper)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3321149

that was my attempt at a mark scheme for the B2 paper if it helps, still a work in progress and not guaranteed right obviously
    Nice work

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.