Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am nearer the end of my Access to Nursing course and was going to attend University to study either Mental Health Nursing or Public Health and Social Care however due to health issues I am no longer able to continue studying long term. What job can I get with my Access to Nursing especially as I do not have NVQ in Health and Social Care????:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I'm due to start work as a mental health support worker soon, and the only qualifications I needed were general secondary school ones and some healthcare experience (I've volunteered with the NHS). I'll be working on an acute psych ward and the job sounds really interesting. Is only band two, but you've got to start somewhere!

ReputationRep:
    Good for you. I think I will have to go down the volunteering route for now even though I work in a private mental health rehabilitation hospital as an administrator!

ReputationRep:
    you can apply for care assistant roles, care homes etc, you should have the skills to work in this sort of setting, or as a support worker, i work for bupa and you would be able to get a job with them in a care home with your quals as long as you showed a passion for the role. you dont have to just do voluntary work.

ReputationRep:
    You could work as a Healthcare Assistant/Support worker. There are lots of vacancies in the NHS if you look online. You could work Part-time or join a Staff Bank and choose the shifts you'd prefer if it's more appropriate for you because of your health problems. Or you join an agency and pick shifts that way x

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.